Adjunct Lecturer, Civil Engineering
- Merrimack College
- North Andover, Massachusetts
- Closing date
- Dec 6, 2022
- Transportation Engineering
- Position Type
- Faculty / Professor
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
Position Description & Responsibilities:
The Department of Civil Engineering within the School of Science & Engineering at Merrimack College is seeking applicants for the position of Adjunct Lecturer for the Spring 2023 semester. Instructors are needed for these lecture and lab based undergraduate and graduate courses:
- CEN 3030 Transportation Engineering
- CEN 3030L Transportation Engineering Lab
- Transportation Design course such as
- CEN 4040/5040 Geometric Design or Highways, or
- CEN 4042/5042 Traffic Engineering, or
- CEN 4044/5044 Transportation Planning & Systems Analysis
The spring semester begins on Tuesday, January 17th. Lecture section capacity varies depending on the course (typically between 20-30). Lab sections are capped at 14-16 students. All classes will be taught in-person in the classroom and/or lab.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Civil Engineering or related discipline, with college-level teaching experience.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Preference for candidates who also have a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Application materials should include:
- Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
- Teaching statement explaining the candidate’s teaching philosophy and interest.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue. Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work:
Unless otherwise stated above, this is an on-campus position. This is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
About Merrimack College
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert