STRUCTURAL TECHNOLOGIES develops and integrates proprietary products and specialty engineering services to create highly engineered solutions that sustain and enhance infrastructure across a broad range of end user markets. We serve owners and managers of infrastructure, as well as designers, engineers, and general contractors, across the U.S. and in select international markets
We are currently recruiting for a Structural Engineer for our Baton Rouge office, located in Baton Rouge, LA. This position will work in collaboration with our local open shop contracting branch to assess, report and design repairs of our customers' deteriorating concrete and steel structural assets. Our Baton Rouge office primarily serves the industrial and power generation markets.
As a Structural Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing and presenting technical presentations to contractors, engineers and facility owners related to assessment findings and repair recommendations.
- Conducting/leading field surveys and condition assessments either solely or with a team of forensic investigators.
- Writing clear concise technical reports and observational letters
- Supporting field evaluation of existing structures
- Developing calculations and analytical models in steel and concrete
- Designing rehabilitation and/or replacement plans
- Specifying materials, writing reports
- Providing technical support for and quality control of structural construction
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering discipline, with a Master's in Civil Engineering preferred.
- Currently holds or has the ability to obtain a professional engineering license within a year in Louisiana.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in structural engineering and construction, with experience in heavy industrial construction preferred.
- Knowledge, skills, and ability with the design of concrete repairs, including production of drawings; specifying materials, methods, and the tools involved in the repair of structures
- Good understanding of Structural design codes and standards
- Knowledge of the evaluation of concrete, steel and fireproofed structures, perform supporting calculations, and generate drawings for the repair of concrete and steel structures
- Familiarity of industry software such as SAP2000, Mathcad, Revit, AutoCAD
This position will allow you to:
Be in responsible charge of calculations and repair drawings for concrete and steel structures; work field in various industrial facilities; perform root cause failure analysis techniques; acquire industry and skill-specific certifications; and develop expertise in a variety of design and engineering programs.
This position require local/regional site visits during the week and occasional overnight travel out of state for projects.
Our ideal candidate is an innovative but decisive engineer who can work effectively in a fast moving highly collaborative, team-based environment; has the ability to set goals and expectations and hold others accountable; can encourage and mentor others; is approachable, empathetic and outgoing; can quickly gain trust and respect; and is able to establish and maintain relationships.
STRUCTURAL TECHNOLOGIES is proud of a company culture that promotes 24/7 safety and quality. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, tuition reimbursement, career development and growth opportunities, and a caring work environment.