Multiple Faculty Positions for the Human Performance Initiative
The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) has embarked on a cluster-hiring plan in the area of Human Performance to establish research and educational excellence focused on improving human performance for health, elite sport, and military applications. The Human Performance Initiative (HPI) is a collaboration between the Klesse College of Engineering and Integrated Design and The College for Health, Community and Policy.
Three positions are open this year:
• Senior faculty position in biomedical engineering and/or kinesiology to serve as the Director of the HPI. The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate a record of leadership in high quality, collaborative research, excellent scholarship record of external funding, and a commitment to inclusion and diversity. Expertise in all areas of human performance research will be considered.
• Open rank position in mechanical engineering. The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate a record of high-quality research, scholarship, external funding capabilities, excellence in undergraduate and graduate education or evidence of the ability to teach, and a commitment to inclusion and diversity. Expertise in all areas of human performance research will be considered.
• Assistant Professor position in kinesiology. The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate a record of high-quality research, scholarship, and external funding capabilities, (2) excellence in undergraduate and graduate education or evidence of the ability to teach, and (3) a commitment to inclusion and diversity. Preferred qualifications include postdoctoral research experience and expertise in Biomechanics, Exercise Physiology, or Strength and Conditioning.
UTSA is a flagship university in San Antonio, TX, the seventh largest city in the United States, a biomedical hub and “Military City USA.” UTSA was highlighted as one of the ten leading young research universities in the United States (Nature, 2019), and was the recipient (in 2021) of a MacKenzie Scott and Dan Jewett gift to support its vision for strategic growth and innovative excellence. The city of San Antonio is an economic driver for biotechnology industries and home to the Southwest Research Institute, San Antonio Military Health System, UT Health San Antonio, and Texas Biomedical Research Institute. In support of UTSA’s robust ecosystem, UTSA’s research portfolio includes multiple transdisciplinary programs that engage our faculty across more than twenty departments, including the AI MATRIX Consortium, the Brain Health Consortium, and the new Institute of Regenerative Medicine. UTSA’s research excellence has been further fueled by faculty cluster hires spanning fields including regenerative medicine, brain health, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, data science, and environmental, chemical, and mechanical engineering.
Applicants should submit applications via the UTSA People Excellence website:
• Director of the HPI in biomedical engineering and/or kinesiology: Job ID: 8739
• Open rank position in mechanical engineering: Job ID: 8743
• Assistant Professor position in kinesiology: Job ID: 8833
Apply Here: https://apptrkr.com/3509298
Questions and nominations for any position should be sent to: Eric Brey, PhD, Search Committee Chair