How We Put You First:
At the City of Lee’s Summit, we offer a competitive pay structure. In addition, we also offer a second to none set of benefits.
- Participation in the Missouri Lagers pension plan that is fully funded by the City.
- Working remotely may allowed two days per week (consideration following a 6-month probationary period).
- The City pays for all contributions associated with the Missouri Lagers pension plan.
- Choice from three medical insurance plans, based upon your individual needs; a dental plan and a vision plan along with flexible spending accounts.
- A combination of paid holidays, personal days, vacation days and paid sick leave. Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, educational assistance, fitness club reimbursement, and deferred compensation plans. Employee assistance plans. Supplemental benefit plans are also offered through employee payroll deductions.
Who We Are:
The Development Services Department is a multi-disciplinary team focused on enhancing our community’s quality of life through the facilitation of private development, business, and community services. We thrive in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment working towards solutions that are beneficial to all concerned. We engage and work with residents and businesses through the complete project lifecycle from conception to long-term maintenance. We are the one-stop shop for all things private property and business related. We value service excellence, integrity, and stewardship in all our actions. We cultivate a fun, supportive environment where each individual’s perspective is a welcome addition to the team!
The City of Lee’s Summit is a thriving, progressive community situated 16 miles southeast of downtown Kansas City. With a population of over 100,000, Lee’s Summit has all the very best attributes of a small town while enjoying the amenities of a large city. Complemented by a growing business community and superior quality of life, Lee’s Summit has become one of the largest cities in Missouri. Lee’s Summit boasts an award-winning school system and holds national accreditations for its Parks and Recreation, Fire, Police and Public Works services. Lee’s Summit has a strong appreciation for arts, culture and entertainment making it a vibrant place to live and work. The cultural scene includes public art installations, musical performances, theatre productions and Fourth Friday Art Walks. Recently named America’s Great Neighborhood by the American Planning Association, Lee’s Summit’s historic downtown district provides a unique network of restaurants, boutiques and businesses. Special events such as Oktoberfest and Downtown Days draw visitors from all over the Kansas City metro. Lee’s Summit offers countless opportunities to enjoy the outdoors. With 30 parks, 92 miles of trails and numerous regional lakes, most residents live within close proximity to a recreational activity. Lee’s Summit continues to receive regional and national recognition for its endless amenities for residents of all ages. Among the notable recognitions, the City received gold certification as a Community for All Ages and was designated a Walk Friendly Community and Bicycle Friendly Community.
Key Job Duties:
- Monitors overall progress, schedule and status of the team’s private infrastructure projects.
- Creates standard operating procedures to create consistency across the department.
- Coordinates project schedules and / or makes staff assignments for engineering and support staff necessary to complete reviews in association with private development projects. Responsible for Quality Assurance processes on private development projects including proper review and preparation of plans for public and private infrastructure improvements.
What We Are Looking For:
- A working manager that can lead a team of Professional Engineers to meet deadlines associated with private development.
- Someone who is comfortable being a technical resource for the City and its stakeholders during public meetings in front of Boards, Commissions and elected officials.
- A solutions-oriented expert that can examine engineering challenges from multiple perspectives.
- A team player that is willing to assist other groups throughout the City when engineering related issues arise.