Geo Structural (Detroit, MI), Construction Support (Livonia, MI), Infrastructure Design, Geotechnical, Subsurface Exploration (Northville, MI)
- Assist with monitoring of construction operations, including earthwork, foundation installations, and paving (concrete and asphalt).
- Assist in geotechnical site investigations including inspection of test borings, test pits, and monitoring wells.
- Assist with laboratory and field-testing of soils.
- Assist with engineering analyses and calculations as well as report preparation.
- Perform field quality control testing for construction activities: Soil testing, including density testing for compacted earth fill, testing of fresh concrete and asphalt, laboratory testing and other activities as required.
- Experience in the use of laboratory and field-testing equipment a plus.
- Structural Engineering job elements include: Assist the structural team in preparing structural calculations, drawings, contract documents, and reports.
- Assist in field services including inspection and condition assessment of existing infrastructure.
NOTE: This is a seasonal position.
- 0 to 3 years of education in college / vocational courses and/or experience preferred in the following areas: Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Engineering Technology, or Structural Engineering.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, be able to work in a team environment as well as independently, demonstrated team-oriented approach to problem-solving, and have strong interpersonal skills for contact with clients and fellow engineers/technicians.
- Accuracy, dependability and strong organizational and time management skills to manage multiple assignments at any given time.
- Be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time, and lift and carry equipment weighing up to 45 lbs.
- Be willing and able to work on construction sites, including elevated platforms, manlifts, aerial lifts, and scaffolds, and along freeway right-of-way while performing inspection/review activities (proper training will be provided).
- May be required to enter and work within confined spaces, once appropriately trained.
- Be willing and able to climb ladders as needed.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance and be willing to travel to and conduct field work at job sites as well as NTH offices in Michigan.
- Must be open to overnight stays as needed.
Authorized to work full-time in the U.S.A. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired are required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
AAP / EEO Statement
NTH Consultants, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
NTH Consultants, Ltd. participates in E-Verify.