Graduate Civil Infrastructure Engineer- Torquay- South West Coast
A chance to live by the sea!
My Client is a Civil & Structural Engineering Practice founded in Torquay in 1988. Their busy Practice has enjoyed a challenging and expanding workload acting for Clients throughout the South West, on a variety of public and private sector projects up to £20m.
The successful candidate will need to have a full UK driving licence in addition to current demonstrable experience with industry standard software, including AutoCAD and preferably other sector related design software such as WinDes, HEC-RAS and FEH.
Key responsibilities / duties include:
• Responsible for undertaking supervised design input on a wide variety of projects
• Liaise with clients, other professional teams and disciplines on relevant aspects of projects
• Undertaking own self development and promoting our clients activities;
• Support the Office Director in managing the team's workload
Desired Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate will be a positive and enthusiastic team player, who holds a suitable and relevant Civil Engineering degree, has 12 months post graduate experience and is keen to work towards attaining MICE or other relevant professional qualification.
The ideal candidates must:
• Have experience in infrastructure design; drainage; roads and streets, utilities etc.
• Be keen to work in a team environment and developing the work of others.
• Have knowledge and experience of AutoCAD 2D and other industry standard software; Have experience in attending project meetings
• Have awareness of construction contracts and ideally specification preparation
• Have excellent communication and written skills
• Be competent with the use of Microsoft Office programs
If this role is of interest to you please send your CV today