As an award-winning provider of business and property services, our client makes a real difference to the lives of people living and working in the Southwest delivering innovative and practical programmes in areas including job and business creation.
Year on year they are successfully delivering high quality economic development, property and business services to a growing customer base across the Southwest.
Their company values are at the heart of everything they do, therefore they are looking to recruit someone who shares and demonstrates their values of empowerment, respect, integrity and adaptability.
Their team enjoy a highly secure and rewarding working environment preparing civil and structural engineering designs for both public and private sector clients. These range from housing, education, coastal engineering and infrastructure projects for their principal client, Torbay Council; to healthcare, retail and commercial schemes for an established portfolio of longstanding external clients.
As a socially motivated business they offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours, generous holiday allowance, family friendly environment and a pension scheme. In return you will become a valued member of a growing organisation and be presented with great opportunities for career progression.
Their company values are at the heart of everything they do, therefore they are looking to recruit someone who shares and demonstrates their values of empowerment, respect, integrity, and adaptability.
My client is looking to appoint a permanent full time Graduate Civil/Structural Engineer.
The ideal applicant will be self-motivated, adaptable and able to work well in a team. You will need the ability to prioritise your workload to suit the demands of the role whilst maintaining an elevated level of professionalism and accuracy. Good written and verbal communication skills are essential. You will need to provide effective support to the engineering team.
The post of Graduate Engineer is an integral part of my clients Professional Services offer and will play a key role in delivering a range of services to their expanding list of clients, as well as corporately for my clients own asset stock and that of Torbay Council.
The key purposes of this role are:
• Assist in the preparation and supervision of engineering schemes and other projects from feasibility to construction and maintenance.
• Assist engineers and senior technicians working on a variety of schemes and projects.
• Assist in undertaking and processing of surveys and the production of detailed plans
• Assist engineers and senior technicians in the production of civil and structural engineering designs, plans, detailed drawings, bills of quantities and contract documentation.
• Assist in the site supervision of contracts.
• Liaise with Statutory Undertakers and other individuals or bodies affected by works.
• Assist in the preparation of reports and dealing with complaints and correspondence from the Public, Elected Members and other bodies, etc.
• Assist in ensuring the development and maintenance of sound engineering practices.
• Degree qualified in Civil or Structural Engineering
• Has a "can do" attitude and an appetite to expand their knowledge and experience
• Good communication and organisational skills.
• Ability and willingness to work within an office-based team
• I.T. proficient.
• Ability in the use of AutoCAD
• Ability to effectively prioritise workload and work on a diverse range of projects simultaneously.
• Ability and willingness to travel around the South West
As part of our commitment to making their company a great place to work, they offer a comprehensive rewards and benefits package including:
• Salary circa £25,000 per annum
• 25 days paid holiday entitlement (plus bank holidays), increasing with length of service
• Great working environment with flexible hours and flex leave scheme
• A wide range of lifestyle discounts and health and wellbeing benefits
• Option to buy and sell annual leave
• Learning and development opportunities
• Company Pension scheme
If this opportunity is of interest to you please send your CV today