Duties/Responsibilities We are currently recruiting for a Water Services Engineer to join our team in Hampshire working 40 hours per week. Job Purpose:
To provide a professional and efficient service to the customer and the EMCOR management team in the delivery of a Term Maintenance Contract to Hampshire County Council covering planned and reactive activities in line with contractual requirements, Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators, primarily for sites water treatment and the new TMV regime across Hampshire, predominantly the Western area of the county. Duties:
- Carry out planned and reactive maintenance activities including remedial repairs to TMV and Calorifier (vented and unvented) heating systems in line with agreed protocols and schedules.
- Support your line manager in the day-to-day implementation of EMCOR policies, procedures and standards necessary to maintain the integrity of ongoing operational activities and provide high quality service to customers in accordance with:
- Deliver contractual requirements as instructed by line manager, service scheduling and help desk teams in line with Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure that tasks are completed in line with operational requirements and as directed by the management team.
- Ensure that all Safe Systems of Work and Risk Assessments have been read, understood and complied with by you and that they are appropriate for the task in hand. Produce task specific risk assessments as required.
- Provide regular updates on work progress and raise any issues or early warnings to your line manager.
- Provide technical support to other team members as required.
- Produce, appropriate records and documentation, including but not limited to, completion reports, timesheets, work orders, site audits and inspections and testing certification.
- Utilise the Concerto CAFM system as required and ensure that accurate job information is recorded along with help from the relevant service scheduler.
- Liaise with Hampshire County Council (HCC) engineering team, particularly the An understanding of current L8 legislation along with G3 regulations. mechanical surveyors, on a regular / as needed basis and attend necessary meetings.
- Ensure compliance on all water treatment / hot and cold aspects of the HCC term contract.
- Identify and implement operational improvements to ensure continued provision of a high-quality service.
- Attend sites for surveys and / or meetings as required.
- Assist in other ad-hoc functions within the account within skills level, training and experience on an as required basis.
- Undertake training and development activities as required.
- Direct liaison with the lead engineer and water services supervisor.
Person Specification Skills:
- The ability to establish and maintain high standards of excellence in areas.
- Organised with good attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Customer focused with a flexible approach to delivering a high level of service
- Good communication skills and the ability to interact with EMCOR and client staff at all levels.
- A degree of flexibility is required in this role.
- Demonstrable experience of TMV, Calorifier and vented / unvented water systems.
- Good fault finding and diagnostic skills essential.
- Willing to undergo training on EMCOR and customer systems.
- Practical experience in water services environments
- Computer literacy is essential
- Ability to be resilient under pressure and be able to converse confidently with staff, suppliers and customers at all levels.
- Smart, presentable appearance.
- Personable and approachable.
- General knowledge of building services systems desirable.
- DBS/CRC and Police Security vetting acceptance essential.
- From time to time there may be a requirement to carry out minor installation works and an element of "Out of hours" works might likely be involved.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
- 25 Days annual leave
- Discount on gym memberships
- Discount on retail & restaurants
- Family friendly discounts
- Other company benefits
- Van supplied