Associate Civil Engineer (Infrastructure)
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As an Associate Civil Engineer, you will be required you combine managerial and technical responsibilities, promote a cooperative approach and inspire teams to deliver projects to quality, budget and timescales. You will be offered, and be expected to take on, a high degree of autonomy and responsibility and contribute to growing the Infrastructure team's profile and work portfolio through successful project delivery and participation in business development.
The role offers the successful applicant the opportunity to develop their skills and progress their career working as a part of a team of innovative engineers and specialists. #LI-AA1
Associate Civil Engineers are responsible for:
- Managing the planning, design and implementation of highway / infrastructure projects
- Promoting and ensuring adherence to H&S policy and procedures
- Manage a portfolio of projects, ensuring delivery to client requirements, programme and budget
- Providing specialist technical leadership
- Controlling project resources and monitoring against budget
- Preparing and managing work programmes to deliver to deadlines
- Developing and maintaining excellent client relationships
- Responsibility for bid proposals and submissions
- Involvement in business development
- Mentoring and developing junior staff
- Developing BIM capability & promote implementation
The successful candidate will ideally meet the following criteria:
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Chartered (or Incorporated) Engineer
- Demonstrable record in providing technical leadership on highway and infrastructure projects
- Demonstrable record of successfully managing project teams and of planning and handling project programmes, budgets and resources
- Experienced in the preparation of fee proposals
- Proven ability of commercial and financial competency
- IT and standard industry software skills, including knowledge of BIM
- Able to communicate confidently and professionally with colleagues, fellow professionals, and clients at all levels (written and verbal)
- Able to contribute to business development & development of client relationship
- Articulate, collaborative & proactive
We have opportunities available in our London, Norwich, Southampton, Cambridge and Croydon offices. The team operates an agile working policy and we welcome applications from candidates who are looking for a balance of home and office working. If you meet 80% or more of what were looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didnt know we need.
Job ProfileAbout the business unit
The Buildings and Cities Unit (BNC) has a major presence in Mott MacDonald's regional offices throughout the UK and mainland Europe, providing a wide range of diverse and transferable cross-sector skills across five key Sectors; Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation and Water. We also provide local services to customers and technical leadership to the rest of the Group in these sectors.
Our Buildings and Cities Unit are looking to recruit a talented Associate Civil Engineer to join our growing Infrastructure team in the south-east of England (Croydon, Cambridge, London, Norwich, Southampton) working on a variety of exciting projects for a diverse range of clients and sectors. The Infrastructure team is involved in a wide range of projects ranging from master planning & site appraisal, feasibility studies, detailed design and site supervision across a broad range of disciplines including highways, utilities, drainage & flood risk, external works, LRT and rail civils.How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working because life isnt 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Other InformationEquality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at and we will talk to you about how we can assist. Agile working
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust. More about Mott MacDonald
Were a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each persons differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence