We have a brand new and exciting vacancy for an electro-mechanical Test Engineer / Senior Test Engineer to join an award-winning global technology company developing innovative systems for the international space, research and science industries.
This is a fantastic opportunity where you will lead a small multi-disciplinary team of enthusiastic Test Technicians working on technology that is being used across the world and beyond!
You will be using your technical competency in the environmental testing of electronic Space hardware using both internal and external test facilities. Tests will include electrical checkouts and performance, magnetic moment, vibration, thermal vacuum testing, continuity, bonding and isolation testing.Test Engineer duties will include, but are not limited to:
Experience and skills required for Senior Test Engineer
- Leading/managing a small team of Test Technicians as well as conducting hands-on testing
- Writing and recording test procedures for multiple projects that are varied in application.
- Providing engineering support to related disciplines such as Product Design, Quality Assurance and Manufacturing teams.
- Supporting the maintenance of internal test facilities and equipment
- Designing, building and testing support equipment
- Degree/HNC level qualification in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or relevant discipline
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in testing operations for electronic/electrical/ electromechanical equipment, ideally including rechargeable battery and power systems
- Good knowledge or experience with variety of test equipment such as Maccor test rigs, vibration tables, thermal vacuum chambers.
- High attention to detail is essential
- Able to communicate with all levels of the business and occasionally with customers
- Strong team working ethic and team leadership skills