Red Rock Consultants are currently working with a privately owned family business formed in 1947; a national M&E provider with an outstanding reputation for delivering excellent levels of service. Who currently employ over 800 staff and have a turnover in excess of £160m.
Due to continued growth through winning new projects are client are now looking for a Pre-Construction Project Engineer who will be Working in their busy Pre-Construction department you will work as a team to assist our Pre-Construction Manager effectively deliver design and pre-construction duties prior to their further commencement onsite.
This role is suited to a Design / Pre-Construction experienced person working in a design environment or in an environment suitable to the job spec, who has proven themselves in their capacity within a business who either specialises in MEP design or complete MEP Design and Build projects.
This role could also suit an intermediate or graduate engineer who wishes to transition from a Design environment to a more practical contractor's environment but whilst keeping to their own work discipline from which they were trained.
We are looking for candidates with adequate experience for managing the day to day Pre-Construction and design tasks on projects.
Weighting criteria for selection will be weighted to those who have a proven track record and who can assert themselves as a person who can deliver on task set to them.
This role is also fundamentally suited to someone who is looking for a long term career move and settlement, where they can assist the business to grow its presence along the south coast, in a continued proper manner to which it has successful done to date. So termed "stepping stone" minded persons with regards to their career would not suit this role.
The SOUTHAMPTON business is both youthful and energetic, ideally the candidate will not only be focused on their career, but also focused on their health and wellbeing.
As such, all candidates are to be aware that the business is both forward thinking and progressive.
* Proficient use of Microsoft office programmes [This means; being able to correctly use XL and its extensive formulas etc, word and email programmes]
* Intermediate Mathematic ability, preferably with relevant qualifications.
* Intermediate English and grammar skills, preferably with relevant qualifications.
* Experience in the role.
* Experience in the Mechanical & Electrical Industry.
* Technically Competent [HNC Minimum]
* Competent in Design [Knowledge]
* Electrically biased with experience in mechanical systems
* CSCS card [in date]
* Experience in Projects between £500k-£5m
* Client facing / Confident and well presented
* Good admin and IT skill set
Day to day tasks
* Review MEP design and assist with coordinating services onsite [Liaison from site to office]
* Complete RFI's on projects and technical queries, owning the process to completion
* Complete technical submissions for equipment
* Own the technical answering process once the project has left the pre-construction department
* Act as post pre-construction liaison with our operational and commercial teams across live projects
* Practical experience is an important consideration here
* Attend DTM's with our client and contractors
* Proactively engineer our projects alongside our design appointments
* Procure materials and equipment throughout our buying process
* Remain responsible for the timely delivery of the tasks allocated to you within the department
* Complete post pre-construction KPI's for sub-contractors and consultants assessing their performance
* Creation and compliance to Design and Construction programmes
* Project document control, accessing and managing this process across project
* Provide general in business support to other departments as directed [such as estimation]
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Emma Turner at Red Rock Consultants.
We endeavour to feedback to all successful and unsuccessful applicants within 5 days, if you have not heard from us after this time then you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role. We do however update our database with suitable candidate information following each application, this allows us to contact you for new suitable opportunities