Bechtel helps our customers deliver projects of purpose that create a lasting positive legacy. These are projects that create jobs and grow economies; improve the resiliency of the world's infrastructure; connect communities to resources and opportunity; get us closer to net zero; tackle critical environmental challenges to protect people and the planet; and accelerate progress to make the world a cleaner, greener, safer place. Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents.Graduate Programme
Bechtel offers an exciting programme to start and develop your career:
- Highly competitive salary and full benefits package
- Networking and social events with other graduates
- Full support towards obtaining Chartership (our programme is accredited by the ICE, IMechE and IET)
Bechtel are recruiting for individuals to help deliver a critical defence infrastructure project in the Plymouth area of the UK. You will be part of a teamentrustedwith the success of what is a high-profile and nationally-important undertaking, working in a highly-collaborative partnership with our client and supply chain colleagues. Our responsibilities span engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning phases, delivered with a focus on safety, environmental sustainability, energy efficiency, and modern engineering and construction methodologies. Candidates must be based in the UK and have the ability to obtain security clearance due to the nature of the role.Position Summary
Opportunities for Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical engineering graduates are available in our Infrastructure business unit, covering various sectors such as renewable energy, rail/metro systems, urban developments, airports, and highways.
A Bechtel Field Engineer is key to the success of a project during the construction phase.The position offers a foundation for a career as a technical specialist or a manager and opportunities to travel.Typical Responsibilities
- Assist installation teams in interpreting engineering design documents or other technical documents
- Identify design changes and follows change management processes to ensure they are effectively communicated to all stakeholders
- Identify and coordinate with Engineering team on constructability issues
- Monitor work on site is compliant with project specifications and national regulations
- Prepare or review inspection and test plans and perform inspections
Successful candidates should be on track for a 2:1 or higher masters degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical engineering or related degree, and be legally allowed to work in the UK.
Work experience relevant to the area you are applying to and extra-curricular activities will help your application. The position is open to United Kingdom (UK) Nationals only. Candidate must be able to obtain an SC security clearance.