Engineer/Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Permanent) - Exeter
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Engineer/Senior Engineer to join the Infrastructure Team within our Clients' Exeter Office. You will join an ever-growing team, driving for success.
Our client base is predominantly large residential developers, with some industrial and commercial development, and our typical projects range from around 20 units up to several thousand dwellings. We deliver projects from initial feasibility stage, through planning and detail design and to construction stage. Our team specialises in drainage, highways and development infrastructure.
- The candidate should possess excellent communication skills.
- A sound technical ability and understanding of relevant documents such as SSG, Building Regulations, DMRB and Ciria C753.
- Experience in working for a consultancy on development schemes is favourable.
- Drive to develop both themselves and others.
- Ability to use MicroDrainage and AutoCAD at an advanced level is essential, and an understanding of Civils 3d, Site3D or PDS would be beneficial.
- Experience in pre-planning and planning stage projects as well as a good understanding of detail design and technical approval (S104, S38, S278, etc) is required.
- Provide day to day project management and lead the design of multiple schemes across a range of clients.
- Guide and support for junior members of the team, delegate and check work, ensuring deadlines are met and high-quality drawings and designs are delivered.
- Checking drawing packages and calculations and ensuring they meet the required design standards.
- Liaise with clients and stakeholders, preparing of fee proposals, taking responsibility for financial control of projects, and undertaking business development.
- The role will include the following design tasks, some of which you will delegate to junior staff.
- Developing Concept and Detailed Drainage Strategies.
- Developing Levels Strategies and Earthwork Appraisals.
- Producing Planning Documents such as Flood Risk Assessments/Drainage Technical Notes and Utilities Statements.
- Undertaking Due Diligence reviews to support the purchase of land.
- Detail design and construction drawings.
- Securing technical approval for S104, S38, S278 etc.
What To Do Next
- Based in the Exeter Office + opportunity for some working from home.
- Salary to be reviewed in July annually. (dependant on individual and company performance)
- Basic working week of 37.5 hours (flexible start/finish times).
- Paid overtime for hours in excess of 37.5 per week or time off in lieu (where required and subject to approval).
- Bonuses - we are employee owned through an Employee Ownership Trust, the EOT can pay a limited tax-free bonus after 12 months continual service (the EOT element of bonuses are based purely on length of service and salary), we almost always pay one at Christmas and this year paid one in July, but these are discretionary and subject to company and individual performance.
- Auto enrolment (after successful completion of 3 months' probation) into a Group Personal Pension scheme with Scottish Widows into which the company pays 5% of all earnings (basic + overtime + bonuses) and employees must pay at least 3% gross.
- 25 days leave per year plus statutory public holidays, increasing to 26 days after 2 years continual service.
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme.
- Membership of You At Work benefits scheme with discounts on gym membership, retail purchases, insurance etc and access to financial advice and private GP appointments online or over the phone.
- Interest-free annual travel season ticket loan.
- Professional subscription paid e.g. ICE.
- Commitment to continued learning and development.
- 2-3 fully paid for company-wide social events per year plus local office ones.
If you are interested in this permanent opportunity, please click on the link to apply.
If you are interested in hearing about other roles in Civil or Structural Engineering, then please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now at or call . We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.