Senior Civil Infrastructure Engineer
Our client is now looking for a full time Senior Civil Infrastructure Engineer to join their growing team in Glasgow. The company is a multi-disciplinary consultancy and they offer the following engineering expertise: infrastructure and preacquisition engineering assessments, highways, drainage, structural and civil design, statutory utilities negotiations, flood risk and transport assessments. Responsibilities:
- Senior Civil Infrastructure Engineer within design team on designated projects, reporting to the Associate Director/Director.
- As a senior/principal designer; plan, manage, lead and deliver designs on designated projects utilising members of the design team, on time and on budget.
- Prepare infrastructure drawings and design using AutoCAD and other proprietary design software.
- Provide a single point of contact within LDE on designated projects.
- Undertake negotiations with Local and Drainage Authority Engineers on design for adoptable works (Section 104, Section 38 and Section 278) to obtain technical approval.
- Negotiations with statutory utilities to obtain layouts and quotations for C2, C3 and C4 stages of enquiry.
- Understand and implement designs on private areas to comply with current Codes of Practice.
- Understand and appreciate the role of the other members of the design team (Architect, M&E Engineer, Client etc).
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation, codes of practice, design codes and proprietary suppliers.
- Undertake project reviews and value engineering of each project to ensure the client requirements are met by the most viable option.
- Understand the required programme, co-ordination, communication and LDE involvement within project to ensure satisfactory delivery of a project.
- Maintain and develop technical and management capability through CPD, attending internal and external seminars regularly.
- Attend training seminars when relevant and present key points to colleagues.
- Checking of drawings and calculations prepared by colleagues.
- Undertake calculations and designs using an efficient and rationalised process to the latest design standards.
- Assist in the day-to-day, weekly and monthly workload programme to ensure delivery of projects.
- Technical report production (pre-acquisition, planning submission, utilities & flood risk assessments)
Some of the key skills and expertise required for this role will include:
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Practical understanding of civil engineering principles.
- Working knowledge of WinDes to design and model new drainage systems including sustainable drainage.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3Dc / Openroads / PDS for highway design and ground modelling.
- Develop project management skills using RSK procedures.
- Understand and implement Designer's duties under the CDM Regulations 2015.
- Working knowledge of local and national planning policies and guidelines insofar as they relate to flood risk, transportation / highways and development
- relate to flood risk, transportation / highways and development
- Working knowledge of Sewers for Adoption 6th/7th/8th Edition
- Working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB)
- Working knowledge of CIRIA SuDS Manual
- Working knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
- Experience in a similar role within Consultancy
- Educated to degree level.
- Chartered or Incorporated member of the Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Ability to manage a team of Engineers and Technicians and mentor junior members of staff.
- Ability to analyse and monitor project finances.
- Experienced in the design of roads and sewers.
- Experienced in the design of residential developments
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- A good self-manager of time and work.
- Strong team player with an energetic outlook that motivates others.
- Experienced in use of Microsoft products including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Experience of, or working towards business development, marketing and work winning of the business.
- Effective communication skills.
- Client facing
What To Do Next
- £commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and career development
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click on the link to apply.
If you are interested in hearing about other roles in Civil and Structural Engineering, then please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now at or call . We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.