TRAINEE WATER HYGIENE ENGINEER - BIRMINGHAM - £20K - £22K Are you looking for a rewarding career path within a hands-on role?
A position has opened up for a Trainee Water Hygiene Engineer within the West Midlands. The company are leading in Water Hygiene and Treatment covering nationwide within public and commercial sites such as Hospitals, Schools, and Restaurants. With an established reputation within the market, they are able to focus completely on training and developing trainees to fulfill Water Hygiene Engineer and higher roles down the line.
The individual themselves must be proactive with experience working within a practical environment. Qualifications are not necessary as we are searching for a hardworking and determined individual, ready to start their Water Hygiene career. The trainee will be trained (according to ACOP L8 regulations) on the following:
A large aspect of Water Hygiene is about keeping everything as clean and free from bacteria as possible to prevent disease and illness. You may recognise some of this terminology if you have had a Plumbing qualification or prior experience. The essential qualities of the Trainee Water Hygiene Engineer will be:
- Sampling water - this will give an indication if there are any specific bacteria present to which action can be taken.
- Tank cleans & inspections - Cleanliness in any environment is vital especially water.
- TMV Servicing - a TMV is a valve used to regulate the water temperature (for example, to prevent scalding/burning) and they must be serviced to ensure they are doing theie job.
- Temperature monitoring - Bacteria such as Legionella will grow in certain temperatures, so monitoring the temperature is very important.
- Descaling shower heads/taps - This is to remove limescale and bacteria.
- Dead Leg removals - Essentially these are unused pipes which do not serve a purpose and tend to have a build up of bacteria.
- A full UK driving licence as the role is mobile.
- A clean record with no prior convictions - you will be subject to a DBS check.
- Have a positive 'can-do' attitude and the desire to progress
- Previous experience in a practical, hands-on role.
Successful candidates in the past include:
- Those who have completed a practical apprenticeship after gaining an NVQ/equivalent
- Those who have prior plumbing experience (Plumbers Mate, Apprentice, Family work)
- Handymen/Caretakers (the role will overlap slightly)
In return, the successful Trainee Water Hygiene Engineer will receive a competitive salary rising with experience, progression and training opportunities (in house and external), a fully serviced Company Vehicle, overtime capacity, a stable permanent career path and much more!
If you're looking to kick start your career within an ever-growing field, apply now! Send in a copy of your CV to Zaria Sheikh @ Penguin Recruitment (zaria.sheikh @penguinrecruitment.co.uk) or on ().
Suitable Job Titles/Sectors: Trainee Water Hygiene Operative, Trainee Water Hygiene Engineer, Trainee Water Hygiene Technician
Surrounding areas - Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Walsall. Dudley, Solihull, Derby, Leicester, Nottingham, Worcester, Shropshire, Coventry, Sandwell, Telford, Stoke-on-Trent, Warwick, Stafford, Cannock, Bromsgrove, Tamworth, Leamington Spa, Redditch, Nuneaton, Kidderminster, Stratford-upon-Avon, Droitwich Spa, Shrewsbury