Geotech Engineer/Engineering Geologist.
Do you crave project diversity across a range of Energy Transition projects? If so, this role is for you.
We are seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join a fast growing geotechnical team within a major multidisciplinary business.
You will have solid design experience and be able to work within a team that is spread over several offices and currently engaged in the delivery of a diverse portfolio of projects in the UK and overseas.
The role would ideally be based in Newcastle but with travel across the region, across the UK and potentially overseas for specific projects or longer-term assignments. However, the office location is flexible across the UK, with other locations available including Birmingham, Bristol, London, Knutsford, Reading and Shrewsbury. Other flexible working options are also available including hybrid working. Key Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications
- Support the geotechnical design and assessment elements of existing and future projects across a range of Energy Transition and Civil Engineering projects
- Prepare ground investigation scope and specifications for tendering
- Prepare design calculations, design drawings and other documents in accordance with project quality control procedures and requirements
- Work and liaise with other engineers for support and for consistency of project delivery
- Manage and/or supervise execution of ground investigation works and review Contractors procedures and technical submissions
- Support less experienced staff by providing guidance, sharing knowledge and acting as a mentor
- Comply with Health & Safety procedures and CDM Regulations
- Encourage team working and participation
- Approximately 2 years experience
- A degree in civil engineering or engineering geology with MSc in geotechnical engineering as an advantage
- Heading towards Chartered Engineer with a recognised engineering institution
- Experience in geotechnical engineering and geotechnical design to UK and international standards and codes of practices, particularly Eurocodes
- Experience in the geotechnical assessment and designs of the following:
- Earthworks and remediation
- Earth retaining structures
- Slope stability assessment
- Ground improvement/treatment works
- Foundations design (shallow and deep foundations)
- Deep basement
- Contaminated land assessment an advantage
- Use of approved geotechnical software and finite element modelling and interpretation of results
- Preparation of geotechnical reports including desk studies, geotechnical interpretative reports, preliminary and detailed design reports
- Company car or car allowance
- Generous pension package
For a confidential chat to discuss this exciting opportunity, please contact Andy Hopkins - or email