Dedicated to sustainable development, Arup is a collective of designers, advisors and experts working across 140 countries. Founded to be both humane and excellent, we collaborate with our clients and partners using imagination, technology and rigour to shape a better world. About this career opportunity…
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic Senior Structural Engineer to join our creative and friendly Property, Science Industry Technology and Social Infrastructure within our growing Belfast office
You will be a key part of a multidisciplinary, collaborative team of around 40 Engineers and Technicians. Our projects are local, regional, national and international and will allow you to work and succeed in a multi-cultural business environment. We are part of Arup's North sub-region and work closely as one across Scotland, NE England and Northern Ireland.
Current and recent projects include commercial, residential, sports, industrial and social infrastructure projects.
We are looking for an enthusiastic engineer with a passion for technical design excellence who enjoys working collaboratively in multi-professional design teams, taking responsibility for and nurturing technical skills across our structural team. Responsibilities
- Demonstrating a passion for structural engineering, a flair for structural engineering design, and a practical understanding of buildings.
- Supporting the Arup team in the structural engineering design of projects, taking responsibility for discrete packages of structural engineering work
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate through sketching, drawing, presentations and writing.
- Checking own and others' work, and giving feedback.
- Understanding priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Mentoring junior members of the team
Rewards and Benefits
- Be degree qualified and a chartered engineer via IStructE, ICE or equivalent.
- Have a developing understanding of engineering principles, and the appropriate use of technical analysis and design software packages.
- Developing experience with Eurocode or equivalent
- Have an aptitude for working on your own initiative and being proactive.
- Take responsibility for parts of projects and support less experienced team members
- Good understanding of digital workflows.
- Interest in low- and zero-carbon design.
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm's financial performance. Different people, shared values.
At Arup, we believe when talented people collaborate, great things are possible. Arup hires people with proven skills and open minds. We are taking deliberate action to create an inclusive culture that is grounded in our purpose to shape a better world.
At Arup, we welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and any other protected characteristic. Our internal employee networks - BAME, Culture, Disability, LGBTQ+ and Women - provide a space for you to express your views and to make a positive difference - discover more about life at Arup here.
At Arup, we are committed to making all stages of our recruitment process accessible to candidates with disabilities. Please speak to our recruitment team and we will work with you to make reasonable adjustments to ensure you can perform at your best throughout your application.
At Arup, we appreciate that everyone's circumstances are different and having the freedom to flex the way we work is essential to our wellbeing. If flexibility matters to you let us know when you apply, and we will discuss how this could work in your role. Our Application Process
To understand what to expect next, please visit our UK Application Process page.
Stay safe online - Arup will never ask for payment or your bank details as part of our recruitment process. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.