Contaminated Land / Geo-environmental - Senior Consultant
Our client recognises the need to push boundaries to build innovative sustainable solutions to make real world impact, this role gives you a chance to be a part of this new movement. They have a reputation for providing one of the best working environments within the industry and are renowned for shifting the focus to personal development by giving unique opportunities for employers to excel.
Are you looking to further your geoenvironmental career and increase the breadth and depth of your skills by working alongside key market specialists with blue chip clients? If so, read on. We are looking for a Contaminated Land / Geoenvironmental Consultant within our dynamic and growing organisation with a breadth and scale of projects and specialists to challenge and develop you.
You will join one of the largest and most successful remediation and ground engineering teams in the UK/Europe. You will be involved with many key projects of regional and national significance, which are delivered through our core UK and global framework projects.
This role would be based in either the Leamington or Birmingham office with travel across UK and overseas for specific projects or longer-term assignments. Package
You will be involved with…
- Support and guidance through chartership, from leading UK experts
- Company car or car allowance
- Generous pension package
- Healthcare etc
Skills / Qualifications Qualifications
- leading proposal/project technical elements to a high standard, within time and budget expectations
- Geoenvironmental ground investigation scope and design, inclusive of works specification, bill of quantities and HSSE requirements
- Delivery of complex geoenvironmental interpretative Phase 1 and 2 reports, along with factual reports, ensuring high quality data assessment, qualitative risk assessment and conceptual site model development
- Experience of developing Remediation Options Appraisals, Remediation Strategies and Remediation Verification Report preparation, inclusive of defendable data assessment
- Leadership of ground investigations, including supervision of sub-contractors, soil logging and sampling, geotechnical testing, groundwater sampling and ground gas monitoring to ensure a high quality output. Preference is for individuals with Principal Contractor lead experience
- Site chemist for remediation works
- Ensuring all deliverables are in line with procedures and processes and to the highest quality and safety, health and environmental standards.
- Identifying and securing new work opportunities.
- Relevant technical degree e.g. geology, engineering, chemistry or environmental science
- A higher degree in contaminated land, engineering geology, environmental science, hydrogeology, geotechnical engineering or similar, is desirable
- Chartership with a relevant institution
- Working towards SiLC/SQP and/or SoBRA
Skills / Attributes
- Detailed understanding of the land contamination regime within the UK with regard to current and future use of a site, development planning, environmental permitting and due diligence
- Highly experienced in the preparation of contaminated land/geoenvironmental Phase 1 and Phase 2 reports, inclusive of risk-based approach to the assessment of land contamination
- Report writing including presenting complex technical information in a concise and accurate manner
- Highly competent in planning, designing and managing contaminated land and geoenvironmental ground investigations
- Competent in made ground and superficial deposits field logging and logging review
- Leading, planning and designing ground investigations.
- Fully versed with the CDM Regulations and their application to safe design and implementation of ground investigations
- Presenting technical information in a concise and accurate manner, inclusive of Regulatory negotiations/liaison
- Proposal preparation and delivery
- New work identification and winning
- Leadership of project deliverables and teams
- Data handling, including experience in the use of GIS/QGIS is desirable.
- Communicate effectively, listen and engage, including communicating technical information effectively.
- Ability to innovate and develop in your technical area and to continually seek to improve performance in all aspects of your role.
- On site leadership of ground investigation and other similar field works.
- Work collaboratively within a team and provide mentoring to develop colleagues.
- Flexibility to work across the UK and overseas for specific projects or longer-term assignments.
- A full UK driving licence is required.
For a confidential chat to discuss this exciting opportunity, please contact Andy Hopkins - or email