Structural Engineer Location:
UK-Home Based Salary:
£50,000 - £70,000 Position Summary:
The Job Holder will have responsibility for delivery of Structural engineering service and development of those services within the whole of the UK companies. Managing a caseload of projects and specialist reports will form a key function of the role, as will assisting with staff training programmes. Key Responsibilities:
- Technical referral point for Surveyors and adjusters for structural issues relating to property insurance claims
- Provide Structural reports associated with damage to property as part of a Buildings Insurance claim
- Provide structural design and design calculations associated with repair and refurbishment projects
- Preparing initial appraisal reports and budget costing with recommendations for repair and reinstatement.
- Preparing specification of works for repairs and reinstatement
- Ensuring all Planning, Building Regulations, Party Wall and CDM issues are addressed.
- Contract Administration - JCT and bespoke contracts.
- Act as a Technical reference point for Loss Adjusters and Insurers.
- Carry out one off expert / technical / defect diagnosis reports
- Ensure compliance with all performance and process requirements.
- Complaint and dispute resolution.
- Maintain awareness of Business Continuity programme and role within it.
- Maintain provision of business related MI.
- Delivery of services within SLA target, company governance and operating framework, and revenue targets.
- Takes decisive action based upon an analysis of different situations.
- Proactive response to problem solving, disputes and complaints handling.
- Adapts influencing style to suit different situations, individuals or teams.
- Treats people in a fair and consistent way.
- Consistently delivers prescribed outcomes in a timely and accurate manner with appropriate guidance.