Are you an ambitious Civil Engineer looking for a new opportunity? We are working with the Birmingham office of a respected multi-disciplinary consultancy, looking to appoint a Senior Civil Engineer to their team based in the centre of Birmingham. This is a senior position where you will be providing leadership on infrastructure, flood risk and drainage schemes.
You will be preparing Flood Risk Assessments, designing flood protection and drainage strategies. As such, you will be adept with use of MicroDrainage for flood risk, foul/surface water design and SuDS. Additional capability with Civil 3D and/or PDS for highways and infrastructure design would be advantageous
This is a position where you can continue your professional development, applying your technical skills and positively affecting improvements in technical quality and service delivery.
As an experienced Civil Engineer, you will also be well-versed in the preparation of notes and specifications sufficient for technical approvals and construction, ideally with experience of Section 38/278 highway schemes and Section 104/106 drainage schemes. Job Requirements/Experience
About Strata Consulting
- Minimum five years' experience as a Civil Design Engineer.
- Strong working knowledge of Section 38 and 278 for highways.
- Strong working knowledge of Section 104 and 106 for drainage.
- Proficient user of either MicroDrainage, Civil 3D, PDS, InfoDrainage and/or Site 3D.
- Experience working on SuDS and/or Flood Risk Assessments.
- Producing infrastructure design calculations, drawings & specifications.
- Have excellent communication skills both written & verbal.
- Strong understanding of UK Building Regulations, Design Standards, Codes of Practice and Health & Safety regulations.
- Contract management.
- Report writing.
- Site surveys.
- MEng or BEng in Civil Engineering (or equivalent).
- Chartered with the ICE.
We are an Employment Agency specialising in the placement of contract and permanent staff in construction companies and design engineering consultancies across the UK. For further details please visit our website.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, i.e. job roles, location, salary to us. We also operate a referral scheme, of which further details can be found on our website (search "Strata Construction Consulting").
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days, please deem your application as unsuccessful. Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.