Do you have any form of Engineering degree (graduate) or equivalent? Would you like to kick off your career at a world leading company that will invest in you?
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Salary: £24,000pa Wavin
is Europe's leading and one of the world's largest manufacturers of plastic pipes for plumbing, waste and sewer systems, roof drainage, stormwater management and so much more. A business that is expanding and engineering innovation across the globe and now they want your graduate skills to be a part of that future, today.
The Wiltshire site is located in the picturesque town of Chippenham
, a short walk from Chippenham train station with excellent transport links. It's the UK's flagship site and hosts the UK project team who are looking for graduate engineers from a diversity of disciplines; Civil engineering, Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Structural engineering or equivalent vocational qualifications Main Purpose:
What you will be responsible for:
- To support the local Operations teams by safely delivering engineering related business initiative projects to include technological improvement and growth projects
- Manage project activities with a focus on safety, cost and delivery
- Provide Technical and Engineering support across a variety of business units
- To support the local Operations teams by safely delivering engineering related business improvement projects on time and on budget
- Local to Chippenham with occasional travel and overnight stay in the UK and Europe
What do you need:
- On the ground project management, support and coaching for project activity in order to complement local operations teams. Support includes development of technical specifications, technical liaison and project management of vendors / contractors.
- Provide technical support to the operations teams engaged with CAPEX projects
- Share and implement best practice engineering and process improvement solutions across the region
- Support engineering related CAPEX investment, ensuring projects are delivered on time and in budget
- Support plant CAPEX investment activity through project feasibility studies & proposal development
- Strategic H&S and engineering/maintenance support where required
- Strategic support to continuous improvement activities and team activities.
- Support the business with regards to project related CDM compliance, representing the additional duties required of the client under the 2015 regulation charges
- Support local Continuous Improvement projects, implementation of process improvements in line with CI project activity
- Industrial engineering studies to support potential workflow changes and EBITDA projects, e.g. process automation, workflow, and equipment layout
- Complete post project evaluation for large projects, assess efficiency, effectiveness and share learning's with the rest of the team
To be considered Click apply today! or for a full job spec... Email : We Can't wait to meet you!
- Minimum: Degree in Manufacturing/Process/Mechanical Engineering.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with the added need for flexibility as and when required.
- Display effective organisational skills.
- Ability to communicate with personnel at all levels
- Process Automation knowledge
- Desirable: Project Engineers typically possess further relevant training in technical skills such as CAD and management principles. Relevant manufacturing or engineering degrees include mechanical, electrical, chemistry or automotive engineering. Candidates also need advanced knowledge in lean manufacturing and production, design and cost management.Experienced in modern tooling techniques, Lean Manufacturing and other CI Techniques