Civil Design Engineer - Highways
Salary up to £52,000
A leading engineering studio based in Central Cardiff are actively looking for an experienced Civil Design Engineer, having a strong background in highways design, to join their team on a permanent basis.
You will be strengthening an already very successful civil engineering team, taking a lead role on a number of projects across a wide range of sectors working on; active travel schemes, geometric highway alignment, roundabout design, junction design, pavement composition and public realm.
My client prides themselves on treating their staff incredibly well. As such, they offer an array of great benefits including; long term illness cover, all professional memberships paid, employer contribution pension scheme, open and friendly workplace environment, personal career progression plans, lots of opportunities for growth and development.
Key skills/ qualifications for this civil design engineer role:
· Degree Qualified in a relevant engineering discipline
· Chartered or progressing towards Chartership
· A number of years' worth of highways design experience in the UK
· Up to date with industry standard codes of practice (DMRB standards, Manual for Streets, Sewers For Adoption, Eurocodes and British Standards)
· Highway Planning and Adoption arrangements (S38/ S278)
· Analysis and modelling software abilities including BIM (Civils 3D), MX and AutoCad
· Awareness of drainage / water system design - storm water, foul and potable water
· Strong communication skills
· Working well as part of a team
Civil engineering, highways design, civil design engineer, S38, S278,
Cardiff, Bristol, Swansea, Newport, Bridgend