Technical Engineer (B2B Support/Construction)
Salary £ 25,000 to £ 30,000 PER ANNUM (Negotiable D.O.E.)
Are you qualified in engineering discipline such as Structural, Civil, Mechanical Engineering?
Do you have a fundamental understanding of the built environment?
This is the perfect opportunity for you as you can become a Technical Engineer and be responsible for developing fundamental relationships with our client's established network of architectural and contracting teams, providing technical guidance and specification support for building systems as you assist in the delivery of construction projects from conceptual design, through to tender, installation, and completion.
Bring your ability to interpret technical and construction drawings along with your experience in AutoCAD and Revit and apply to become the successful candidate that will be working as part of an established technical team, very enthusiastic and passionate, with hunger to learn & develop new skills as well as demonstrating clear & confident communication.Your Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- The development of strong, long-term relationships with Architects, Main Contractors and Contractors.
- Provide guidance on Building Regulation requirements (Part L, Approved Document B etc).
- System specifications and technical drawings (AutoCAD / Revit / BIM).
- Review construction drawings and providing technical feedback & advice.
- Offer value engineering (VE) solutions to architectural designs.
- Assist the Technical Team in the development of generic system specification & detail drawings, BIM libraries and Technical Information Papers (TIP's).
- Conduct thermal calculations as well as condensation risk analysis (subject to additional internal training).
- Collaboration with Commercial, Production and Marketing teams to aid with accurate project tracking, sales forecasting, and the creation of new product literature.
- Research and development of existing building systems and new industry innovations.
- Provide daily support as required, to the other members of Technical Department.
Your Contractual Benefits
- Have experience in dealing with Architects, Main Contractors, and Roofing & Cladding Contractors, with the ability to communicate well and build strong relationships at all levels.
- Be hardworking, organised, and self-motivated.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team and to prioritise workload to meet project deadlines.
- Ideally have existing knowledge of the metal / steel frame systems industry and construction industry.
- Proficient IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc).
- Previous experience of Autodesk design packages such as AutoCAD and Revit would be beneficial.
- Monday to Thursday (8.30am - 5pm)
- Friday 8.30am until 3.30pm
- Monthly Pay
- Discretional bonusses based on profitability.
Please click on the link to apply ensuring all your contact information and CV are fully up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Thank you.SamSamanta Furnkranz
Technical Manufacturing/Construction Recruitment Consultant Important Information: