We're looking for a highly skilled Senior Civil Engineer to work for our client, a leading building and civil engineering contractor. You would play a key role delivering on projects that play an important role in the everyday lives of people in the UK and Ireland.
This role will suit a highly skilled engineering professional, ideally educated to degree level with valid CSCS/CSR card and able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of construction best practices, latest building regulations, legislation and Health and Safety.
Offering an attractive basic salary plus a fantastic range of benefits including car allowance, payment of an annual professional membership, enhanced Maternity & Family friendly policies, discretionary annual bonus, Health Shield enrolment after 3 months service (Health & Dental Cover included), plus share scheme opportunities available.
Please note: This is a full-time permanent role initially working on the Tees project in Durham, all accommodation costs and travel costs provided as and when projects require.
You would be working on a project to improve the underground network of water pipes, constructing a new 24km, 800mm diameter pipeline between Lartington Water Treatment Works and Shildon via Whorley Hill. The pipeline will cross underneath the River Tees and Alwent Beck to a depth of 50 metres. Around 200,000 customers will benefit from this work.
As a Senior Civil Engineer you would be responsible for…
- Assisting in managing systems to enable the progress of work to be reviewed against time, quality, dimensions, and quantity
- Assisting in the recording and testing of workmanship and materials, i.e., drainage, concrete, piling, brickwork etc.
- Providing engineering support to ensure technical problems are overcome and technical queries are answered.
- Responsible for setting out works constructed within allowable tolerances
- Regularly checking the setting out points and benchmarks ensuring that all setting out instruments and measuring equipment are delivered to site with a calibration certificate and recorded accordingly
- Able to demonstrate a thorough and sound knowledge of civil engineering and construction best practices
- Able to work independently and use your engineering judgement to tackle day to day problems, delegate tasks and show a desire to develop junior members of the team
- Strong knowledge of latest building regulations, legislation and Health and Safety
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and able to engage with all stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning and organizational skills
A leading building and civil engineering contractor with over 80 years' experience of delivering world-class projects across the UK and Ireland, part of a global building materials business.
Interested? If you think you're right for this Senior Civil Engineer role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.
IND3 Coburg Banks Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy