Electrical & ICA Design Engineer - Water/ Wastewater
My client is a is a nationwide industrial, commercial and domestic electrical contractor based in the North East of England.
The specialisms include industrial electrical engineering, instrumentation and process control and energy optimisation.
My Client is seeking a Senior / Electrical Design Engineer with expert knowledge of Electrical Engineering, including Instrumentation, Control and Automation (EICA) design. The role is ideally suited to candidates with experience in the development of EICA solutions in industrial and municipal water and wastewater treatment applications, and in accordance with specifications and standards used in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
The Senior / Design Engineer will integrate within our multi-disciplinary design team and will work along-side external consultants and supply chain partners to develop robust design solutions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform preliminary and detailed EICA design of water / wastewater treatment plants.
• Application of appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful outcomes to achieve contract objectives.
• Developing and adopting standards in design to streamline engineering tasks.
• Determine the applicable design and installation standards, and ensuring they are applied on projects.
• Developing cable schedules, block diagrams, and single line diagrams.
• Ability to plan and develop electrical layout drawings, including cable runs and ducts, using CAD packages.
• Technical specification and report writing.
• Occasional travel required to project sites will be required.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering
• +5 years of experience in EICA Design in water / wastewater sector.
• Chartered status is an advantage.
• Professional Membership of a relevant institution (i.e. Engineers Ireland, IET)
• Proven experience in delivery of technical designs
• Excellent technical and commercial knowledge of electrical infrastructure design, construction, and commissioning.
• Experience of electrical installations, MCC, SCADA and PLCs in the water / wastewater industry