Senior Geo-Environmental / Geotechnical Engineer
Based in Leicestershire
Full time - Permanent
Salary negotiable, depending on experience
Our client is a privately-owned engineering and environmental multi-disciplinary consultancy, operating nationally from two offices. They serve both private and public sector clients in sectors including residential, commercial, industrial, retail, leisure, education and healthcare.
The Company is currently undergoing an exciting change programme and they are seeking a Senior Geo-Environmental/Geotechnical Engineer to join the team in their Leicestershire office.
The main focus of the role will be around the delivery of Phase I Desk Studies, Phase II Ground Investigations, mediation strategies and site support through planning and development.
They have an established Ground Investigation team, led by an experienced Associate Director who is passionate about the training, development and the mentoring of engineers.
If you are a Geo-Environmental/Geotechnical Engineering / Senior Engineering professional with experience and looking for a new and exciting challenge then this client could be the perfect move for you.
Key role responsibilities:
* On-site investigation work, analysis and production of technical reports;
* Co-ordination with other disciplines, client liaison, fee proposals and invoicing;
* Working collaboratively with engineers and other technicians to deliver quality evidence led reports;
* The mentoring and supervision of Geo-Environmental apprentices, technicians, graduates and Engineers.
Key skills, experience and attributes required:
* A minimum qualification of a degree in Civil engineering, Ground engineering or other relevant Geotechnical/Environmental qualification;
* Preferably a post graduate qualification in Ground or Environmental engineering;
* Up to date CPD record with a clear plan and progress towards chartered status;
* Robust knowledge of soil and rock geotechnical properties;
* Experience in the analysis and interpretation of geo-environmental and geotechnical data;
* On-site experience of ground investigation techniques, exploratory hole logging/sampling and laboratory testing methodologies;
* Proficient in the use of various computer software programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Access) and Holebase (or similar);
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
* High level of competence in factual and interpretative report writing;
* Ability to work within a team and also under own initiative; and
* Excellent organisational skills and able to prioritise workload.
If you feel that you have the skills and attributes for this exciting opportunity then we would like to hear from you.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity