Geo-Environmental Consultant - Birmingham
We are looking for a Geo-Environmental Consultant to join our team in Birmingham. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an established and growing regional team, part of X's 90 strong national geo-environmental resource.
The Birmingham team provides ground investigation and geo-environmental consultancy services for a broad range of private and public sector clients in the development, health, education, defence and infrastructure sectors.
This role is as a Geo-environmental Consultant in the Birmingham team, with key responsibilities for the design, management, supervision and factual and interpretative reporting of ground investigations.
Our team of experienced Consultants will offer mentoring and the opportunity to progress to professional chartership following a formal chartership training scheme. We tailor your training and development accordingly to achieve your own personal goals, providing the specific support you need to reach your potential.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- the production of geo-environmental desk studies
- the design, management and supervision of ground investigations including accurate collection of site data
- ground gas and groundwater monitoring
- the production of health and safety plans for the above
- the production of factual reports
- the production of geo-environmental interpretative reports
Skills Knowledge and Experience
- First degree in geology or related subject
- Experience of ground investigation, including design, set-up, logging, supervision, laboratory scheduling, groundwater and ground gas monitoring and factual reporting.
- Ideally experience in writing ground investigation interpretative report (ground contamination and/or outline geotechnical assessment)
- A willingness to travel for ground investigation works. At least 30% of the role will be site based and is likely to involve overnight stays.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be fully IT literate as you will be required to write clear, concise and technically robust reports.
- A good understanding of health, safety and environmental management, as applied to ground investigation.
- A full, preferably clean, driving license.
- You will be a team player with strong social, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Masters degree in a relevant discipline.
- Experience in site investigation including soil and rock logging and gas and groundwater sampling and monitoring and/or in contaminated land and engineering geological assessments.
- Water Hygiene Card;
- SMSTS, CAT scan course, First Aid and CSCS qualifications