Senior Structural Engineer
FT Permanent role
Negotiable Competitive Salary and Package (DOE)
Our client based the Derry area are a Consultancy with over 20 years' experience working on projects locally and internationally.
The business is in a period of significant growth and is about to embark on the implementation of a new strategic plan. Due to their busy work load they have a vacancy for a Senior Structural Engineer to join their team.
Manage projects including allocated resources such as graduates and technicians.
Duties will include the control of assigned projects, to oversee the day to day running of projects, attend project meetings, be the daily contact for the client, contractors and other project consultants.
Design and Project Management
Responsible for design calculations and preparation of drawings as part of a team on various building structures projects on behalf of clients;
Produce drawings, specifications and computer models of structures for clients;
Check drawings / designs for defects and recommend amendments and improvements.
Coordinate and manage project team resources in conjunction with the Engineering Principal and Director;
Liaise with clients and other consultants in managing projects from inception through to completion within timescale and within budget.
Negotiate and secure competitive prices for resources;
Prepare monthly project workload and fee forecasts.
Escalate project critical issues in a timely manner;
Anticipate challenges and project risks and recommend necessary mitigating measures, and where necessary relay to clients.
Quality Assessment procedure implementation.
Conduct site inspections and liaise with relevant partners.
Ensure that all project related documentation is kept in compliance with the Organisation's Management systems, processes, and procedures.
Financial and Development Duties
Take an active role in the development of Foyle Consulting Engineers with a view to expanding our client base.
Proactively monitor and control project costs
Preparation of project invoicing.
Ensure financial data is up to date and co-ordinate the timely and correct issuing of invoices.
Act a mentor for junior engineers, graduates and technicians.
Follow organisation policies and procedures and adhere to Health and Safety Policies and Statutory Regulations.
Undertake other duties within your area of competence as directed.
Maintain high standards of personal accountability.
This job description is not meant to be definitive and may be amended to meet changing needs
What we are looking for
This role offers the opportunity to work alongside talented engineers and gain experience of numerous types of building structures and projects across a range of fields.
The successful candidate will manage projects including allocated resources such as graduates and technicians. Duties will include the control of assigned projects, to oversee the day to day running of projects, attend project meetings, be the daily contact for the client, contractors, and other project consultants.
• A Chartered Structural Engineer (or working towards);
• B. Eng in Structural or Civil Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent);
• A minimum five years' post graduate work experience in a similar environment;
• Proven experience of design in all common building materials, work to the latest design codes and regulations and carry out structural assessments of existing buildings;
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD;
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Applications;
• Full current driving licence or in the case of disabled applicants, access to a form of transport to enable the post holder to meet the requirements of the post in full;
• Effective communication skills, and an enthusiasm and willingness to deliver results.
• Previous relevant experience at an engineering-based consultancy;
• Experience using Masterseries.
• Competitive salary.
• Flexible working arrangement including working from home
• 33 days paid holiday including bank and public increasing to 38 with service.
• Generous contributory pension scheme.
• Death in service benefit.
• On-site free car parking.
• Subsidised gym membership.
• Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Health and Well Being Initiatives I.e. Employee Assistance Programme.
Normal hours of work are 9:00am to 5:15pm Monday to Thursday and 9:00am to
5:00pm on Friday with a 1 hour unpaid lunch break each day.
36 hours per week
Please note our client is unable to offer visa sponsorship. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work where this role is based for your application to be considered.
How to Apply:
Please send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note or email to David/Robert in our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.