Blueprint Recruitment are seeking an experienced Senior/Principal Geotechnical Engineer for offices based in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Warrington or Leeds to work on an exciting portfolio of prestigious geotechnical projects both in the UK and internationally.
This role will involves work especially in the infrastructure sector (particularly rail, highways & water) and the energy sector, which includes carbon capture & storage, renewable energy (wind, current and hydropower), low carbon engineering, offshore and onshore oil & gas and nuclear power.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take a leading role in the ground engineering input to some challenging projects.
This role is with one of the world's most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies, with over 20,000 employees worldwide. Requirements:
Candidates should have:
- a senior/principal geotechnical engineer with a proven technical and project management track record. The role will include the mentoring of junior geotechnical engineers and therefore good communication skills are essential.
- a degree in civil engineering or geology with a post graduate qualification in a geotechnical subject and hold chartered status as either a civil engineer or geologist.
What's on offer?
- Extensive experience in one or more of the following sectors: highways, rail or water geotechnics.
- A strong academic background with a relevant degree (ideally MSc or equivalent)
- Chartered status.
- Proven experience of acting as a senior/principal geotechnical engineer in a fast-moving engineering consultancy environment.
- Project management - Experience and understanding of the needs and approaches to the engineering consultancy and design markets, including relationships with clients, work planning and commercial management.
- Proven geotechnical design experience.
- Application of CDM Regulations in a design and ground investigation environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills and the ability to develop and lead geotechnical design teams.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with clients.
- Good commercial track record in negotiating and running successful jobs.
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work.
- A willingness to travel on short assignments both within the UK and overseas.
- A valid UK driving licence.
Fantastic company environment