I am looking to recruit a pro-active, enthusiastic and experienced Buyer, with Civil Engineering and Utilities experience.
You will have the ability to prioritise a demanding workload, maintain a meticulous eye for detail and have the ability to complete a smooth handover to the project delivery team.
You will be an integral part of the operations team responsible for the successful delivery of multiple schemes varying in scale, scope and contract type. Managing a portfolio of works with a value ranging from £1000 to £2m. The role will involve a lot of reactive buying in the interim until the Nationwide database is updated.
* Buying efficiently, effectively and economically
* Ensure materials are delivered to sites in line with site programmes and specification and are purchased at competitive prices.
* Manage material tender enquires for new sites/phases including preparation for proposals and quotations
* Assess and compare material quotations, negotiating competitive prices and then renegotiating once contracts have been secured
* Process new material orders
* Reacting to any changes in site demands
* Process site purchase orders for replacement materials
* Research new products and suppliers
* Continually monitor material lead times, keeping Project Managers informed, instigate forward material allocation when necessary.
* Organise site call-offs.
* Carry out supplier evaluations
* Establish and maintain long term supplier relationships with focus on value for money
* You will receive administration and financial support from the office team as required
Key Skills and Attributes
* Minimum of 5 years' experience within a Buying role
* Minimum of 5 years' experience within the Civil Engineering/Utilities Industry
* CIPs qualification or equivalent advantageous
* Substantial daily procurement experience within a construction related environment.
* Experience of projects with sub-contractors and suppliers.
* Proven track record managing supplier relationships, negotiation, process compliance and supplier integration into project teams.
* An ability to adopt a pragmatic, yet disciplined approach to process compliance
* Ability to work under pressure in a daily changing environment
* Able to demonstrate they have proven experience in a buyer or senior buyer role and has the ability to evidence significant cost reductions and savings in current role
* Strong Commercial awareness and numerically confident
* Able to build effective working relationships with suppliers
* Working hours Monday to Friday 40 hours per week (part/time flexible hours are negotiable for the right person)
* Competitive Salary
* Contributory pension
* Compulsory Industry shutdown period over Christmas period