Civil Engineering Project Manager - Civil Projects
Our client is a multi-disciplinary construction consultancy with extensive awards to their name, they have many new project wins in transport (roads highways), bridges, low carbon transport hubs, flood management, coastal engineering and public realm enhancements as well as walking and cycling infrastructure and as a result, they are seeking a Senior Civil Engineer with Project Management experience to oversee a variety of capital projects in the Cornwall area.
If you have experience with a Multidisciplinary construction project management consultancy or an Engineering Consultancy and you have solid project management experience in the Civil Engineering industry, this could be the role for you. This role is a full-time permanent vacancy. We are not considering freelance or contract candidates for this role.
This senior Civil Engineer Project Manager job would be ideal for someone who is currently based in the Cornwall area, but our client will also consider candidates who wish to relocate from another part of the U.K. The role will report to the Director of Project Management in the region.
Please Note: UK Nationals or those with a current right to live and work in the UK. Our clients cannot currently provide visas to Non-UK Nationals
Role Job Description - Civil Engineering Project Management Vacancy
* You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of projects at various stages in a project's life cycle (pre-construction, construction and post-construction).
* This is a client-facing role, providing support and advice on all aspects of the project - technical, financial, contractual, safety & environment etc.
* As a Civil Engineering Project Manager, you will have responsibility for Programme, Change and Risk Management.
* In addition, you will take a proactive approach to contract administration generally using the ECC NEC suite of contracts.
* Managing the production of design data including conducting technical reviews and acceptances.
* Supporting the production of contract data and works information and executing tenders.
* Regularly creating and drafting of reports - progress, value engineering, lessons learnt, options and feasibility etc.
* Organise, chair and minute both regular and ad-hoc meetings relating to the project.
* Support all aspects of project/client governance procedures.
* Support the Quantity Surveyor but take ownership of project cost control.
* Report to the regional director for Project Management.
Requirements for the Cornwall Project Manager Civil Engineering Jobs
* You will have extensive experience in managing Construction Projects, ideally with Construction Consultancy or Engineering organisations.
* In addition, experience in transport (roads highways), bridges, flood management, coastal engineering and public realm enhancements projects will be desirable.
* Strong understanding of ECC NEC Contracts
* A construction-related degree qualification such as, Civil Engineering, Project Management, Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying. We will also consider other construction-related degree qualifications, as long as you can show experience as a Civils Project Manager.
* As a Senior construction project manager, you will also have the ability to liaise with clients and manage projects from inception to completion.
* In addition, you will be expected to assist with mentoring and managing less senior colleagues Assistant and Trainee project managers.
Salary & Benefits for the Senior Civil Engineer vacancy
This is a full-time permanent role, we are not currently seeking freelancers for this position.
* The ideal Senior Civil Engineering Project Manager- Cornwall should expect A basic salary of £42,000- £56,000
In addition to a great basic, you will also receive the following benefits
* Laptop, Mobile Phone, Pension, Pool Car and Mileage Allowance
* In addition, a Generous holiday allowance, 33 days plus birthday as well as 8 public holidays
* Plus, some work-from-home days 2/3 home/office
* In addition, one paid professional subscription
* Training and development
* Pension and Life cover
* Enhanced Maternity / Paternity Cover
* Sports and Social events
* Additional relocation assistance if required - Please call us to discuss relocation for this role