Hinkley Point C
Competitive salary with potential for travel and living allowance
Full Time Permanent
Be the change
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Construction Engineer at the currently in construction, Hinkley Point C Power Station.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
The Construction Engineer role is within our Cavendish Nuclear business.
As a leader within the UK nuclear industry, Cavendish Nuclear, part of Babcock International Group, provides a comprehensive range of critical nuclear solutions in clean energy, defence and civil new build and decommissioning projects. Together, we're innovating to make nuclear safer, faster and cost-effective across the nuclear energy life cycle. Your career with us could take you anywhere within Babcock International Group - from Canada, the USA to Japan. Work with us to create a safe and secure world, together.
The difference our new Construction Engineer will make
As a Construction Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll be accountable to deliver Discipline Specific Construction Work Pack scope of works to support construction activities .
Day to day, you'll delegate responsibilities to CE's/Works Coordination Leads. Lead, manage and motivate the team through implementation of best practice as well as demonstrate a positive HSE leadership, building a strong and compliant HS&E culture throughout the whole construction life cycle of the Project.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met.
* Experienced in delivering and operating at an Engineer or Senior Engineer level, including experience working within Joint Ventures
* Hold either IOSH Managing Safely or NEBOSH qualifications.
* Experience working on major construction projects
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus 8 bank holidays. You also have the option to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 7.5% of salary, with life assurance
* Loyalty Recognition
* Profession membership subscriptions - Subscription fees for one relevant professional institute per person per annum.
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview