Geotechnical Engineer | Leeds
As a Geotechnical Engineer, you will be assisting directors in the technical management of the site works by reviewing at the tender stage, testing requirements, and then post tender organise, managing and report site testing during the works and liaising with clients on any technical aspects of the project.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Relevant experience, knowledge, and skills of geotechnical engineering principals and practice including experience of planning and supervising testing of site works, undertaking geotechnical reporting, completing geotechnical design analysis and reports, and preparation of contract drawings, specifications and schedules in compliance with UK standards.
• Strong analytical skills and experience of earthworks and structures detailed design analysis and specification of engineering solutions.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and manage site testing and liaise with clients.
• Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales and budgets are met.
• Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical engineering solutions.
• Responsibility for your own personal development and be able to support colleagues.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors in a multi-disciplinary project environment therefore the ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner and produce reports.
• Be familiar with relevant software packages such as MS Office, AutoCAD and relevant geotechnical data management and analysis software as required.
• Maintain technical knowledge such as British Standards and industry standards.
• Assisting and undertaking site sampling as required.
• Attend all prescribed training and qualification courses as required and provided by the business.
BEng/MEng in Civil Engineering or BSc/MSc in Engineering Geology or Earth Science
MSc in Geotechnical Engineering or a related applicable field is desirable
Minimum 5 years experience post-degree.
Full clean UK manual driving license
Relevant CSCS Card to enter sites.
Microsoft Office and computer literate, training provided on other software