Associate Energy & Sustainability Engineer
£65-75k + Benefits
About the Role:
So, think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. You'll be at the heart of a team of sustainability experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We require an Associate Energy & Sustainability Engineer in our London Office to support the delivery of sustainable building solutions on high profile projects, as part of a growing national team. The role will involve developing energy and sustainability strategies for a diverse portfolio and will require the independent management of your own projects, potentially supplementary training both internally and externally (such as NABERS and Passivhaus) and, most importantly, a personal interest in sustainability.
The Building Performance Group primarily supports the UK business in terms of Net-Zero Carbon and wider sustainability advice within the Built Environment. While the group works on single building projects it also provides sustainability & energy master planning advice for both urban and semi-rural developments, as well as BREEAM, LEED, WELL and NABERS consulting services.
We have experience of a comprehensive range of different building types including commercial offices, residential, education, healthcare and retail and are looking to grow our capacity and capability through further recruitment.
The Building Performance Group is actively involved in developing projects working towards Net Zero Carbon with advanced modelling techniques and innovative solutions.
A typical week would include:
* Undertake the role of 'Net-zero Carbon Lead' / 'Sustainability Lead' for high profile projects and clients.
* Understand & apply the range of current and proposed UK net- zero carbon/ sustainability related legislation and guidance to project solutions e.g. Building Regulations Part L, Local Planning Policy, Net-zero carbon definitions, proposals etc.
* Lead teams undertaking dynamic thermal modelling (IESVE) analyses including: Part L Assessments, Comfort Analysis (TM52/59) and natural ventilation studies.
* Lead teams undertaking studies relating to BREEAM Credits including: thermal comfort, low and zero carbon technologies and reduction of emissions.
* Lead teams preparing Energy & Sustainability Statements for developments to complement planning submissions. This will include coordination and managing energy / sustainability contributions from many different design team stakeholders.
* Contribute towards bid and proposal documents.
* Contribute to business development.
Wed love to hear from you if you have:
* A passion for low carbon, low energy design. A background in Building Physics and passive design is preferable.
* Experience in Dynamic Thermal Modelling (ideally using IES software and/or Grasshopper/Ladybug)
* Experience in undertaking Part L Compliance calculations for both non-domestic and domestic buildings.
* An understanding of BREEAM and other environmental assessment methodologies (Accreditation with BREEAM/LEED/WELL/NABERS would be an advantage)
* An Engineering background and an understanding of Mechanical Building Services
* Skills in assessing the feasibility of renewable and low carbon energy solutions.
* Motivation to identify opportunities to win business and referrals from existing and new clients.
* Be able to effectively communicate to clients both inside and outside the business.
* Understand and deal with the commercial aspects of contracts and client interaction, ensuring work undertaken matches the scope and fee and when appropriate, claiming additional fees.
* Have strong experience as a sustainability or energy consultant or in a related role.
* Degree in engineering/environmental or sustainability related discipline
* Membership of a related professional institution and on the way or already "chartered" either engineer, scientist or environmentalist.
If this role sounds of interest to you, please get in contact with me on (url removed). Alternatively, call me on (phone number removed) for more information or to arrange a confidential conversation at a time that suits you.
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer