Permit Control Engineer - Offshore Wind Foundations - Tyneside
My client is a technical engineering solutions provider who currently require a Permit Control Engineer to join their production facility on Tyneside.
The facility is mostly used for the production and assembly of foundations and substations for offshore wind farms.
* Attend and chair the daily operations meeting, where the planned work activities from all parties will be discussed, in respect to the potential SIMOPS or other hazards identified.
* To act as the issuing authority and ensure all permits are issued in a timely manner, while maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements.
* Verify, update and validate all of the safety measures as prescribed by the permit requestor in relation to the permit documentation in order to perform the works safely.
* Coordinate with contractors and sub-contractors to ensure permits are issued in a timely manner.
* To review and approve permit requests.
* Coordinate the simultaneous operations (SIMOPS) between parties working on the same project/ location.
* Communicate with all involved regarding the status of permit applications and questions about the permit process.
* Ensure that all permits are issued in accordance with applicable legislation and guidance.
* To manage the permit process, including review applications for completeness, conducting inspections, issuing permits and enforcing permit conditions.
* To provide PTW training to personnel involved with the works and permits and update when required.
* To liaise with authorised personnel carrying out isolations to ensure the correct procedures are followed and maintained.
* Able to co-ordinate work activities in the following areas as a minimum: Electrical commissioning works with energising components (energised/live), heavy lifts confined space works, leak and pressure testing of mechanical pipework, crane/hoist tests f) Gas / oil filling of systems & grating installation / removal - Candidates with experience in these areas will be prioritised.
Rate: £350-£450 per day (Dependant on experience)
If you would like to be considered, please apply to the position by sending an up to date CV with references.
DMW recruitment provides staffing solutions across the UK and internationally. Our aim is to provide a targeted approach to recruitment from project inception to completion within industries which will impact current and future generations