Director of Geotechnical Engineering Yorkshire (hybrid working - 2 days per week in the office) Salary up to £85,000 + benefit package
Our client is a leading consultancy who provide engineering and professional planning services to the power and renewable energy sectors. They specialise in the design and survey of Overhead Lines, Underground Cables, and Substation Systems from LV to EHV in the UK and internationally.
Our client is working closely with the likes of National Grid. This is a booming market with high growth potential that provides job security for the long term.The role
We are looking for a Director of Geotechnical to report directly to the Managing Director, who will provide technical and commercial support while growing and leading the business unit.
We don't need power expertise in the OHL/Power industry but we are seeking an individual who can be passionate about helping the UK in reducing its carbon emissions.
- To head up the Geotechnical Function within the company, being the focal point for Geotechnical issues
- To provide Geotechnical expertise to the company
- Project management to ensure the achievement of all deliverables in a timely manner, including financial management and attending site/office meetings where appropriate
- To provide support to Project Managers who have ownership for the full project management of multiple projects concurrently
- Reviewing and development of company systems and training as appropriate, and the mentoring of junior engineers
- Managing staff and delegating tasks to ensure the achievement of all deliverables in a timely manner, financial management and budget control and attending site meetings where appropriate
- Responsible for inputting to Health and Safety and CDM issues arising on projects and take a lead role in the development of Geotechnical Engineering and ensure compliance with Legislation
- Monitor and ensuring compliance with company Quality Procedures
- To manage and/or input to new project opportunities, including preparation of tender costs and advising on timescales/lead times and likely deliverables required
We are looking for an ambitious and dynamic individual with a passion for green energy.
Why join our client?
- Certified Engineer and Member of a Professional Body
- Power sector expertise is NOT needed
- Ideally have a degree or a Master's degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Experience of reviewing Client conditions of Contract and placing sub contracts
- Experience of taking projects from early stages of conception, through options appraisal, application, consenting and discharging of requirements
- Experience in production of Geotechnical reports and designs that are compliant with standards, specifications and accurately considering all available relevant information and knowledge
- Experience of undertaking desktop and field-based studies/research
- Experience of managing ground investigation contracts (including sub-contractors)
- Ability to understand and plan for conflicting requirements and meet challenging deadlines
- Ability to interrelate own discipline areas with outputs from other engineering and none engineering disciplines to present overall suitable solutions mitigating risk in proposed solutions
- Good knowledge and evidence of keeping up to date on relevant industry specific legislation
- A confident understanding of Geotechnical risk assessment and a good knowledge of CDM and associated UK legislation
- Working knowledge and experience in applying relevant essential Health & Safety/CDM issues as required by legislation and applicable directives
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established high performing team who can offer a good work life balance. They can offer the successful individual a unique opportunity to work at the UK's leading multi-disciplinary Survey, Design and Engineering Consultancy in the Utilities sector whose core values are Trust, Safety, Humility, Capability, Problem Solving, Accountability and Recognition.
Further to this their company culture gives a lot of autonomy, respect and flexibility for those who join them and as it's not a large organisation you can benefit from being recognised and valued as an individual rather than just being another number.
If you are interested to learn more, apply now by submitting your CV or contact Dean Forster at Tempest Jones.