Join the City of Portland and start your Engineering career as an Engineering Associate!
Start your Engineering career with the City of Portland as an Engineering Associate! Experience a variety of projects impacting the City while still having the work life balance that you need. Engineering Associates perform routine to intermediate engineering design,construction project management or developer/building plan reviews.
What you’ll get to do:
- Apply technical engineering knowledge to the design, maintenance, improvement, and construction of solutions to improve the City's infrastructure and/or support private development
- Perform work under the supervision of professional engineers who serve as resource experts and routinely review work in progress or upon completion for accuracy and quality
- Develop and analyze project concepts and alternatives using information gathered through research and investigation
- Perform necessary computations
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis
- Make recommendations on design criteria
- Produce preliminary and final designs for approval
- Problem solve during construction