The Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering at Christian Brothers University seeks a dynamic and creative educator for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor (Tenure-Track) in Civil Engineering, with an emphasis on Environmental Engineering and Water Resources. The successful candidate will be able to develop and teach courses in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Site Assessment, Wastewater Treatment, Hydraulics, Hydrology, and associated laboratories. Experience in teaching courses related to Air Pollution Control is desirable.
The B.S. in Civil Engineering is one of four ABET-accredited degree programs offered by the Gadomski School of Engineering at CBU. The faculty member is expected to teach other engineering services courses related to Civil Engineering, depending on departmental needs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain teaching excellence in a full teaching load each semester.
- Advise civil engineering students and seniors in their projects.
- Develop a research program which generates external funding and leads to scholarly publications.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a research program which engages undergraduate civil engineering students.
- Serve on school and university committees.
- Advise Civil Engineering Student Competitions.
This position will remain open until filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply no later than January 30, 2023.
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering or will complete a terminal degree by August 2023.
- Proficiency in Environmental and Water Resources Engineering curricula.
- Excellence in teaching ability at the undergraduate level and ability to engage students in undergraduate research.
- Ability to initiate and develop new programs/concentrations in civil engineering and pursue applied research and innovations to support current and future industry demands in civil engineering.
- Excellent communication skills.
- P.E. license or ability to obtain a P.E. license before applying for promotion or tenure.
- Prior teaching experience at a primarily undergraduate institution.
- Prior experience in externally funded applied research in Environmental or Water Resources Engineering.
- Proficiency with current laboratory instrumentation in Environmental and Water Resources Engineering.
- P.E. License.