Foster + Partners - Water Infrastructure Engineer
Foster + Partners are an integrated architectural + engineering practice, committed to delivering sustainable and environmentally responsive projects that reflect the targets of The Paris Agreement. We are looking for a Sustainable Water Infrastructure Specialist to bring their experience and enthusiasm in the delivery of innovative and sustainable solutions to all our projects around the world. The Environmental Engineering team is focused on delivering net-zero energy and carbon solutions, net positive water systems, climatic resilient responses, protection of natural resources, integration and expansion of green infrastructure, and sustainable urban planning for our projects around the world.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in large scale infrastructure engineering, with a focus on wet utilities. With a passion for sustainability and collaboration, you will develop sustainable and innovative water design solutions, for projects around the world.
Skills & experience required:
* Undergraduate degree in Engineering (civil, mechanical or similar) and/or master's degree in Engineering/Environmental Design/Sustainability.
* A number of years' experience in large scale masterplans, urban development, and sustainable infrastructure applications.
* In depth understanding of the principles of sustainable utility infrastructure design
* Hands-on experience in hydraulics and hydrological models
* Technical knowledge and expertise in:
1. Large-scale multi-disciplinary utility infrastructure projects
2. A good understanding of masterplan scales and land-use typologies
3. Circular water approach and strategies
4. Designing of all types of water networks (i.e. potable water, wastewater, irrigation, drainage)
5. Assessment/Proposal of different water supply alternative sources/technologies
6. Wastewater/sewage collection, treatment and reuse
7. Sustainable urban drainage systems (SUDs) applications and Sponge City applications
* Qualified as a Chartered Engineer in the UK, or actively working towards.
* Awareness of latest technical innovations within the utility infrastructure systems and design processes
* Hands-on delivery focused
* Experience in the use of the following tools/ software packages: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Professional accreditation preferred: LEED, BREEAM, WELL
Please apply with an up to date CV and portfolio to demonstrate your project experience