About the Role Base Location:
UK wide + Flexible First Option Available | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will however, need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK. Salary:
£37,600 to £56,400 + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing. Working Pattern:
Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available.
As a Project Development Engineer, you'll work in the Electric Vehicle Sector of the SSE Energy Solutions Business. A growing and challenging area of the business, working with, managing and coordinating multi-disciplinary engineering designs to support our ambitious plan to design, build, own and operate over 300+ rapid charging electric vehicle charging hubs in the UK and ROI by 2030. This will include the evaluation of opportunities, assessment and management of risk, development of conceptual and front-end engineering designs, and progression of detailed designs for a wide variety of electric vehicle infrastructure projects.
Your main responsibilities within this role will be;
What do I need? To be considered for this role, we would love you to have;
- Using your electrical engineering experience, you will be responsible for developing concepts through to detailed designs in conjunction with technical leads for electric vehicle infrastructure from the estimation, HV point of connection, substation design to final LV circuits, where knowledge and experience of either or, 11KV substation design, regulated or unregulated networks, and BS7671 wiring regulations is crucial;
- Using your design coordination and management skills you will manage internal and external design disciplines where necessary to compliment the whole design package for electric vehicle charging infrastructure;
- To embed innovation into the solutions you develop, such that you successfully optimise scope, cost, programme and risk for your projects, considering health, safety, and the environment throughout; and
- To grow as a professional individual while you help grow the business, and you will be supported in your personal development throughout.
About our Business
- Ideally degree qualified in a degree with strong emphasis on energy infrastructure and electrical installations. HNC, HND level is acceptable with the right experience
- Electric Vehicle charging infrastructure design
- Knowledge of 11KV networks and basic design requirements.
- 2-5 years' experience in energy networks, generation or building services engineering.
- IET, CIBSE member or equivalent (Or working towards)
- Familiar with relevant codes and standards including BS7671
- Familiar with CDM 2015 - experienced in design roles
- Understanding of financial modelling of electrical infrastructure assets is desired.
- Comfortable and flexible working across different sectors and technologies (Electric Vehicles through to Distributed Generation).
- Similar working experience will be considered.
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management. What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more. Next Steps
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Tristan on Tristan.Holdsworth@sse.com
As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.