Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to work in an UKAS/ISO 17025 environmental test environment on a variety of projects that will stretch your skills and imagination as an engineer.
Joining the Environmental Engineering and Facilities team, you will be supporting design and In Service Surveillance activities across the whole spectrum of the MBDA product portfolio.
You will be able to share your expertise across multiple projects while working as part of the wider team on solutions for technically challenging problems.The Role
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will undertake test of MBDA's products using a variety of test equipment replicating real life environments including temperature, humidity, shock and vibration.
The role will require you to -
What we're looking forEssential
- Have an engineering background with a strong understanding of structures and analysis;
- Develop the necessary skills to simulate the extreme environments MBDA products will face to ensure that they are robust enough to operate and remain safe and suitable for service;
- Understand environmental test standards including DEF STAN 00-035, MIL STD 810, STANAG 4370, AECTP 300 & AECTP 400);
- Work from customer test requirements and turn them into a viable test strategy;
- Documentation reviews, data processing and reporting in line with customer specifications and MBDA's standards;
- Support technical reviews with key partners.
- Occasional travel to our Henlow site
- HNC/HND/Degree qualified in a subject relevant to the role or demonstrable equivalent experience;
- Good problem solving skills coupled with a sound fundamental knowledge of mechanical structures and analysis;
- IT Competence including MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- Experienced using measurement equipment and devices including accelerometers, thermocouples, strain gauges, etc;
- Determined individuals that are self-motivated and can demonstrate strong interpersonal skills;
- Methodical and Logical approach, conscientious and safety conscious in all activities;
What's in it for you?
- Demonstrable experience leading or working as a team in the delivery of projects;
- Previous experience using LMS vibration control equipment or other automated mechanical test systems;
- Previous experience identifying and delivering capability and technical improvements.
- Fulfilling work that will stretch and grow your technical knowledge and competencies;
- Working for a company that places a strong emphasis on looking after the welfare and development of its staff;
- Opportunities to help you develop your skills and knowledge through both structured and 'on the job' training;
- A choice of career paths allowing you to develop as either a Technical Expert, Technical Lead or Line Manager;
- Extensive opportunities to develop and build your networks and reputation across MBDA;
- Opportunity to shape the development of MBDA UK's Environmental Test Facility.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.Join a great team!
We are a highly motivated team with a strong desire to improve our effectiveness and influence across MBDA.
You will join a supportive environment where people feel valued and are encouraged to achieve their full potential where you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects simultaneously to deliver high priority work that is pivotal to clearing MBDA UK's military systems for service.Why MBDA?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!