Logical Personnel Solutions are looking for a Geotechnical Engineer for our client, to be based in Shifnal. Our client is a leading civil engineering company, delivering design-and-build projects with clients in the utilities sectors and beyond, all around the UK.
They have a turnover in excess of £300 million, employing over 1000 staff members across multiple locations, giving them great presence across the country.
Our client is are committed to providing a flexible working environment that supports both our employees and the needs of the business.
My client works alongside companies such as; The Coal Authority, Cadent, Rolls Royce, Canals & Rivers Trust, Yorkshire Water, Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water, Severn Trent Water, Anglian Water, United Utilities, Northumbrian Water and Thames Water which has allowed them to build a portfolio of work and become a market leader in the this section of construction and civil engineering.
You will be supported by an existing Geotechnical team distributed across many of our clients' projects, with some of the UK's largest water companies. On occasion it may be necessary to support other Framework teams across the wider business unit and as such may on occasion be required to travel out of area.
Role and Responsibilities
• Undertaking desk studies, design of ground investigations, compilation of ground investigation tender documentation and contract administration.
• Technical supervision of ground investigation fieldworks and liaison with ground investigation contractors.
• Interpretation and verification of ground investigation data including presentation of appropriate ground model, development of geotechnical design parameters and clear presentation of ground risks.
• Production of ground investigation reports and geotechnical design reports in accordance with EC7.
• Liaison with wider non specialist project team members (design and construction) to develop best-value engineering designs and clearly communicate identified project ground risks and suitable mitigation.
• Undertake various geotechnical analyses and design, produce calculation packages, input to particular works specifications and drawings for construction.
• Production of qualitative and quantitative geo-environmental risk assessments (desirable)
• Strong academic background, with a good civil engineering or related bachelor's degree (BEng/BSc) and a higher degree in geotechnical engineering or engineering geology (MEng/MSc).
• Strong geotechnical and engineering geology design competencies, ideally in the water/wastewater sector.
• Previous experience working in the field of ground engineering with a full understanding of the geotechnical lifecycle on a construction project.
• Pension matched up to 7%
• Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
• Life assurance
• Enhanced parental leave
• Annual professional institution subscription costs
• Flexible benefits to suit you, including cycle to work scheme and interest free season ticket loans