Structural Engineer £35,000 - £40,000 DoE
South West Norse is a specialist property and construction consultancy, providing expertise in architecture, surveying, engineering, and estates and asset management services to a range of public and private sector clients across the UK.
We currently have an excellent career opportunity for a Structural Engineer working or prepared to work towards Chartered status to join our well-established team in Exeter on a permanent, full-time basis.
As a Structural Engineer you will be responsible for providing management and expertise across a wide range of new and existing projects. This includes new build schools and extensions / remodelling of existing schools, residential buildings, structural surveys, repairs to historical structures, and involvement in many interesting and challenging public sector building projects. Within this role, you will be tasked with:
Our Successful Candidate:
- Preparing designs, calculations and specifications cross our business portfolio
- Carrying out design and management of all types of structural service projects including producing budgets estimates, drawings, detailed service specifications, tender documentation and undertaking full contract administration duties on structural led projects.
- Providing advice to colleagues and clients on structural engineering issues
- Preparing schedules for dilapidations, improvement schemes and structural surveys
- Liaising with clients, contractors and colleagues to ensure work is delivered to schedule
South West Norse is proud of our ethos on personal development and training, and you will be given a platform to develop your existing knowledge through practical work and industry training.
We are looking for you to be able to demonstrate a combination of experience and qualifications including:
- Professional membership of the Institute of Structural Engineers and be working or prepared to work towards Chartered status
- Experience working in a similar or related role
- Excellent communication skills, capable of building effective relationships with colleagues and clients
- Familiar with relevant construction, health and safety legislation and risks and hazards associated with asbestos
Alongside a great workplace environment and a group wide focus or reinvesting in our employees, we also offer:
Please read the attached job description and person specification to ensure you meet the criteria for the role before applying. An enhanced DBS check will be required for our successful candidate, payment will be met by the employer. Please vist our careers page for details of our DBS policy relating to the recruitment of ex-offenders. We are committed to employment practices and behaviours which encourage diversity, promote equality of treatment and eliminate unlawful and or unfair discrimination. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful and will not be progressed to the next stage.
- A competitive salary of up to £35,000 - £40,000 DoE
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 5% matched pension contribution
- 8 weeks Sickness pay scheme
- Company funded Level 1 Bupa Health Care Cash Plan, which includes employee options to increase level of cover and/or include family members.
- A flexible working arrangement including a mix of office presence and working from home, that will allow you to grow and express your full potential.
- A collaborative and supporting working environment, working as one team to support each other through any challenge.
- Working for one of the most respected fully integrated consultancies in the region.