Job DescriptionAs a Civil Engineer for Mott MacDonald Bentley you will be working in a creative and challenging environment, delivering a wide range of projects across our Northumbrian Water, Yorkshire Water and United Utilities frameworks. Responsible for the delivery of efficient and sustainable solutions, you will work within a multi-disciplinary project team in the delivery of water and wastewater treatment solutions from inception through to completion of construction.
As a member of Mott MacDonald you will be able to draw on the experience and support of a prestigious corporate employer with over 16,000 staff world-wide. Working within our MMBC Unit your projects will also benefit from the early contractor involvement that comes from our fully integrated JN Bentley construction delivery teams, where you will provide solutions that are practical, safe to build and safe to operate.
Our flexible working environment will allow you to work from home, office and on site to suit your needs and the needs of your projects, and we will provide you with the support you require to develop personally and professionally in a dynamic Design-and-Construct environment.
Your work as a Project Civil Engineer will include the following activities:
- Supporting the Project Leader in the outline and detailed design of multi-disciplinary water and wastewater schemes for our Northumbrian Water, Yorkshire Water and United Utilities framework clients.
- Development of efficient and sustainable engineering solutions, meeting the requirements of the project scope.
- Applying both innovative and standard designs to project problems.
- You will support the work of more junior staff and encourage their development.
- You will work closely and collaboratively with the construction team to develop efficient, practical and safe solutions throughout the design stages, into construction and beyond.
- You will positively engage with the Client, managing relationships and adopting a One-Team approach to support them in achieving their aims.
- You will provide design support to the site team during the construction stage and will be integral in contributing towards successful project close-outs and post-project reviews.
Whether a new graduate or more experienced career professional, we will support your development in technical, management or commercial/client-facing directions, or a combination thereof - you will have control of your own career path.Candidate SpecificationWhat we can offer:
At Mott MacDonald Bentley you will be offered a competitive salary which is commensurate based on your experience. Our core benefits include:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- Life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual professional institution subscription costs
- Flexible benefits to suit you, including cycle to work scheme and interest free season ticket loans
Job ProfileOther informationThis is a Mott MacDonald Bentley role, employed by Mott MacDonald.
Mott MacDonald Bentley is a joint venture business, established in 1999 between civil engineering contractor JN Bentley and global management consultancy, Mott MacDonald.
Mott MacDonald Bentley offers fully integrated design and build services to its clients, combining the contracting expertise of JN Bentley and the design specialisms of Mott MacDonald.
This role is employed by Mott MacDonald but will involve working across the joint venture business, both with Mott MacDonald and JN Bentley colleagues.About Mott MacDonald
Mott MacDonald is a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each persons differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence.Equality, diversity and inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. We promote an open and transparent culture and a workplace where everyone feels included and is treated fairly and with respect.Agile working
We are committed to providing a flexible and agile working environment that supports both our employees and the needs of the business. ?