- Soils & Structures
- Muskegon, Traverse City & Ann Arbor, MI
- Up to $100,000 per year + benefits
- Closing date
- Jan 7, 2023
- Structural Engineering
- Position Type
- Engineer, Staff Engineer, Senior Engineer
- Organization Type
- Firm, Consulting Engineering
This position involves the structural design of commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential buildings utilizing numerous material such as steel, wood, reinforced concrete and reinforced masonry.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Perform structural engineering design and project management for a multitude of projects including but not limited to commercial, industrial, and residential buildings.
- Design load-bearing structures or structural elements, such as buildings, bridges or roadways.
- Provide detailed calculations about the strength and stability of structures including pressures, loads and stresses.
- Develop blueprints or specifications for use during construction and ensures all projects comply with applicable codes and regulations.
- Monitor and inspect all work undertaken by contractors to ensure structural soundness.
- Determines cause of structural failures, damages, and defects through site investigations, provide technical advice on issues.
- Maintaining technical and professional knowledge through continuing education, remaining current with relevant professional publications.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert