Professional Engineer-Lead -Transportation
- J-U-B Engineers, Inc.
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Salary range of $90,000-$125,000 is determined by experience.
- Closing date
- Jan 21, 2023
- Transportation Engineering
- Position Type
- Organization Type
- Firm, Consulting Engineering
The purpose of J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. (J-U-B) is “Helping Each Other Create Better Communities.” We foster a teamwork environment to solve problems that improve society – while providing employees growth opportunities.
We are seeking a Project Engineer - Lead to join our Transportation Services Group (TSG). This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing and thriving organization that provides transportation engineering services to our clients throughout Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, Washington, and Oregon. This position will focus on project delivery, client relationships and business development, while leading a multidisciplinary team of engineers, designers, drafters, and technicians to develop design deliverables. This position will report to the Technical Resources Manager within the TSG and be located out of our Salt Lake City office.
The successful candidate will perform the following duties:
- Oversee the planning, design and implementation of infrastructure designs for primarily transportation projects for both local roadway jurisdictions as well as working on federally funded projects with the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) and other DOTs in our footprint including ITD, CDOT, NDOT, WSDOT, and ODOT. Prepare technical reports and studies including but not limited to design criteria, drainage, geometry, etc. Perform construction phase services including observation and shop drawing reviews. Interact with clients for direction on project items and coordination as needed to produce deliverables. Coordinate with utility companies. Interact with government agencies for project items such as necessary permits, crossing agreements, easements, encroachments and other necessary requirements. Participate in public meetings or open houses to discuss project details and inform the public. Support the Project Manager in executing the project scope of work, meeting budgets, and following schedules. Mentoring younger/junior staff such as EITs, interns, drafters and designers. Produce CAD drawings, alignments, models, plans, specifications, estimates. Assist with marketing/business development activities for transportation engineering pursuits.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering or equivalent. Current PE license and ability to acquire Utah PE license within six months. 5 to 15 years of Transportation Engineering experience. MicroStation/OpenRoads Design Experience is desired. History working on projects with UDOT (as a consultant or UDOT employee) is a plus. Proven ability to work with others and to manage project deliverables. Strong communication and writing skills.
Hiring range of $90,000-$125,000 is determined by experience. In addition to your great salary, J-U-B also offers a competitive benefit package including insurances, bonuses for qualified employees, a flexible work schedule, and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere. To apply for this challenging position, please visit www.jub.com
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert