Engineer III- Stormwater
- City of Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- $7,469.80 - $8,967.35 Monthly
- Closing date
- Feb 26, 2023
- Water, Wastewater & Stormwater Infrastructure
- Position Type
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
Engineer III - Stormwater
In this position, you will review and approve drainage reports and construction plans for Stormwater Engineering. You will also coordinate on capital projects to ensure all submittals are in compliance with City Code, policies, standards, and stormwater criteria.
Open until filled.
Come explore the possibilities a career with the City of Colorado Springs can offer!
Essential Job Functions- the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Review and approve drainage reports, grading and erosion control plans, construction plans; conduct development plan and other planning reviews
- Provide technical assistance for capital project design
- Serve as the primary stormwater point of contact for capital projects
- Ensure compliance with City Code, policies, standards, and stormwater criteria
- Prepare detailed comments for applicants and provide technical assistance with corrections
- Respond to questions and inquiries from the public, contractors, and developers
- Participate in drainage basin planning study updates
- Support the production of educational materials relating to drainage policy for internal and external audiences; assist with internal and external training, including work sessions, seminars, and training courses
- Participate in and support meetings with industry members, including the Housing and Building Association as needed
- Collaborate with Colorado Springs Utilities; Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services; City Planning; and other City departments as needed
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
- Professional civil engineering principles, practices, and methods
- Pertinent federal, state, and local codes, laws, codes, and regulations
- City stormwater criteria and MS4 Permit requirements
- Methods and techniques of stormwater engineering design
- Construction management principles
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of MS4 and drainage regulations and requirements
- Ensure project compliance with diverse and complex regulations, standards, and procedures
- Communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
Successful candidates will have
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in civil engineering or related engineering field
- The bachelor’s degree requirement will be waived if PE (Professional Engineer) License has been obtained via C.R.S. 12-25-114(1)(a).
- Five years of full-time professional engineering experience in area related to assignment
- Possess, or obtain upon hire, and maintain a valid, non-probationary Colorado driver’s license not subject to restriction related to alcohol and/or drug violations or pending charges
- Possess, or obtain upon hire, Professional Engineer (PE) License in the state of Colorado Or obtain reciprocity for Professional Engineer (PE) License in the state of Colorado Within 6 months of hire
Ideal candidates will also have
- Stormwater design experience
- Experience with drainage criteria application
- Experience with civil or water resources engineering
The City of Colorado Springs offers additional compensation depending on the position, area of assignment, and specific job assignments, including shift differential, pay differential, acting or lead, special assignment, hazard pay, longevity, cell phone allowance, uniform allowance, relocation, awards, standby, call out, compensatory time off, tuition, overtime, extra duty, incentive, holiday premium, proficiency, and vacation sell back.
NOTE: This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
The City does not sponsor applicants for work visas. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Apply to Join Our Team
- Please visit Colorado Springs Jobs and click on ‘Apply for a City Career’ > ‘City Career Postings – Apply Now’ button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
- Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
- Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position’s closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
The City's job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions, can be found on the website.
You can view the status of your application here.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to coloradosprings.gov/jic
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Colorado Springs is committed to a culture that values our employees’ unique individual qualities and fosters an inclusive environment where people want to be.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert