Facilities / Roofing Rehabilitation (Northville)
- Perform condition assessments on building systems (facade / building envelope, roofs and pavements).
- Help with developing CAD drawings and details for building and infrastructure components including roof systems, building facades, structural components, and pavements to accurately depict conditions and potential rehabilitation work.
- Assist or conduct inspection, construction observation, and quality control testing of structural steel erection, concrete placement, and soil subgrade preparation.
- May assist or conduct full-time construction observation and quality control of roofing systems replacement projects.
- Candidate should have the ability to lift and carry inspection equipment and perform inspection duties as well as working from an elevated platform, if necessary.
- Independently observe on-site building enclosure construction operations, documenting and summarizing on-site activities, compliance of operations with project requirements, and other pertinent data.
- Complete and submit accurate field reports on a daily basis.
NOTE: This is a seasonal position.
- Minimum of high school diploma/ or equivalent.
- 0 to 3 years of education in college / vocational courses and/or experience preferred in the following areas:
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Engineering Technology
- Structural/Architectural Engineering
- Any building enclosure-related and/or construction industry experience is preferable.
- Good understanding of basic engineering concepts and office operation concepts.
- Ability to read and interpret design drawings and construction documents.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- May be required to enter and work within confined spaces, once appropriately trained.
- Be willing and able to work on construction sites, including elevated platforms, at various heights, manlifts, scaffolds and swing stages, and along freeway right-of-way while performing review activities. (Proper safety training will be provided).
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance, have reliable transportation, and be willing to travel to and conduct field work at job sites as well as offices in Michigan.
Authorized to work full-time in the U.S.A. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired are required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
NTH Consultants, Ltd. participates in E-Verify.