- Charles Abbott Associates
- San Bernardino County, California
- Closing date
- Feb 28, 2023
- Position Type
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
- Firm, Consulting Engineering
CAA is currently interviewing for an individual who has municipal experience to serve as City Engineer for several of our municipal clients in San Bernardino County, California. Note: Although this is a full-time position, CAA will consider individuals who are interested in Part-Time employment.
The respective individual will serve the capacity of City Engineer as a contract employee through CAA. The individual will be responsible to plan and direct professional civil engineering activities associated with the planning, design, maintenance, and construction of private development and public works projects for city engineering and public works departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Except as specifically noted, the following functions are considered essential to this position.
- Oversee the management of engineering activities associated with city engineering and public works operations and maintenance; provide oversight for the issuance of permits in public right of ways and easements.
- Oversee the designs and development of streets, sidewalks, water, wastewater and storm drainage projects.
- Oversees the reviews of proposed subdivision/development and infrastructure plans, as they relate to compliance with local agency regulations and specifications.
- Researches and proposes capital improvement projects and regulatory compliance programs;
- Attends and participates in City Council meetings, construction meetings and other Board and Committee meetings as needed.
- Represents City government in dealing with other governmental jurisdictions, private firms, and the general public on engineering matters, as may be directed.
- Responsible for preparing and delivering staff reports.
- Develops the City Engineering Budget including Capital Improvement Plan.
- Supervise subordinate staff; set work priorities; create work schedules, and; provide training.
EDUCATION:Bachelor’s degree with major course work in civil engineering from a recognized college or university.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum ten years of progressively responsible experience in the field of municipal engineering including design, project management, and supervision. Additional years of related work experience may not be substituted for the formal education required.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION:Possession of a Professional Civil Engineer’s license in the State of California and California Drivers License.
Annual Salary Range: $150,000-$185,000.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert