Junior Engineer(Gas and Energy Transition)Job Description
The Energy unit is looking for a Junior Engineer to work within our Gas and Liquids advisory business line. This team is part of our Energy Unit and will be responsible primarily for managing project delivery, using previous technical experience as well as providing input to proposals.
Key activities will include:
- Managing the delivery of small projects, ensuring adherence to Mott MacDonald's quality assurance system
- Preparation of reports and deliverables
- Providing input including in-depth research, analysis, evaluations and assessments, preparation of studies
- Involvement in proposals and supporting submissions for new opportunities
- Collaboration with colleagues across the wider Mott MacDonald Group and with third parties. #LI-AB2
The successful applicant will be:
- Degree-qualified in an Engineering discipline, in particular Mechanical / Chemical/Process Engineering.
- Experience of delivering technical feasibility studies and/or due diligence for owners and lenders
- Experience in the gas industry with demonstrable interest in energy and gas transition driving decarbonisation.
- Experience or transferable skills acquired in other industries applicable for some of the following technologies gas related technologies (Hydrogen, clean fuels (SAF), FSRU, LNG, LPG, CNG)
- Self-motivated and diligent, with an ability to work to tight deadlines, on simultaneous assignments
- Attentive to detail, an active listener, with a strong aptitude for the wider picture
- Excellent written and verbal communication (English)
- Prepared to travel, sometimes at short notice, as required by projects and/or new business opportunities
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, were helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.Benefits
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
???Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at and we will talk to you about how we can assist. Agile working
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust. More about Mott MacDonald
Were a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each persons differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence